Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tau Brno 7 match pistol WANTED

I didnt know what the payment options were, my tsjech is very bad. So I just picked one.
    Both my orderes were paid through international bank transfer.
    ATB,
    yana

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I bought one a few years ago from May of London and it was about £250. I think they imported them direct, the figure of £850 is ridiculous as you could buy a Morini or Feinwerkbau for that money.

http://mayoflondon.co.uk/

Try giving them a call, maybe they still have a connection with the Tau people.

It was an excellent target pistol, but not worth more than £400 even today.

B96

Quote Originally Posted by Pete m View Post
    I have the Aeron B96 version in original case and manual in mint condition with 2 - five shot mags and one single shot mag ,I am willing to sell if you are interested shoots as sweet as a nut.
    Just out of interest how much do you want for the B96 Pete

Neither of the dealers that I have contacted are interested in ordering from the factory on my behalf so I am going to have a go at ordering one direct.

If they are still being made than I would prefer a new one.

Wish me luck!

Yes, there áre still made. They're nót discontinued by the Tau mk8. Neither is the Tau mk200 by the mk300 by the way.
    Only the old 200sr/jr versions are discontinued in favor of the new mk200. But its still co2.
    As for the Tau 7, this range still exists, allthough iirc, no more laminate only wood.(for the mk200 as well).
    ATB,
    yana

tau 7

Hi

I have one I might part with - cased, good condition all the bits and bobs (not sure I have the instructions but may have somewhere). Also have a CO2 cylinder about 3 feet tall and necessary adapters to fill a small CO canister to fill the pistol from - very very cheap shooting! I would only deal face to face on this mostly because the C02 cylinder is heavy+++.

£300 the lot or I am looking for a recoilless springer target pistol - pref FWB 65 or original model 10 or perhaps a 6m and could do a deal with cash my way.

PM me if interested or want pics.

Cheers

Frog

Quote Originally Posted by IH View Post
    Thanks Yana

I have looked at the Tau site and see that the price quoted converted to Sterling is £290

Has anyone bought direct from the factory? Im wondering if there are issues relating to shipping items - I believe that the Czech Rebublic is in the EU.

If its problematic then I am wondering whether a dealer could order it from them?

I would prefer a new one if possible

Cheers
    Ian
    Back in 2006 I bought an Alfa Sport direct from the Alfa factory in CZ. Payment in Euros by bank xfer and the gun arrived by Royal Mail or Parcelforce (forget which) in 3 days. No problems at all. CZ is in the EU, so you pay CZ VAT and there is no tax, paperwork, or hassle at this end.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

FYI, my Tau mk200 arrived today! Was sent tuesday (cause of christmas holidays).
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by IH View Post
    Thanks Yana

I have looked at the Tau site and see that the price quoted converted to Sterling is £290

Has anyone bought direct from the factory? Im wondering if there are issues relating to shipping items - I believe that the Czech Rebublic is in the EU.

If its problematic then I am wondering whether a dealer could order it from them?

I would prefer a new one if possible

Cheers
    Ian
    Hi Ian,

I have just been checking and see that the TAU 7 Match is still available, but with a walnut grip - the rather nice looking laminated grip has now been deleted, and there is no mention of the nice fitted alloy case any more.

The price for this pistol is shown as 498.80 euros in the Czech Republic - rather more than the £290 you have quoted - but still a very good price.

I am not sure what the delivered price to the UK would actually work out at, but if this price does include the local vat then it is only the delivery and banking charges ( for the currency) that need to be added. That is the theory anyway - who will be the first in the UK to test it?

A new TAU 7 Match in its fitted alloy case was sold locally today for £450 - an even better deal I would say as it was able to be inspected first and tested before any cash was handed over, and the very desirable laminated grip was included. If it is kept in mint and "as new" condition it could be a collecters model of the future - but in my opinion it would be far better to shoot it as much as possible and enjoy what is a superbly accurate value for money match air pistol.

They don't cost that much new in any case ( in real comparative terms), so they will still retain a fair percentage of their value after several years of active service. A well used TAU 7 in good condition that has been looked afer by its previous owner will still fetch £250 any day, and with the current suggested retail price being quoted buy the UK importer of £880 plus it is well worth trying to find a new one in the UK for around the £500 mark, or if you can live without the laminated grip see if you can import one direct for about the same sort of price delivered.
    Last edited by zooma; 07-01-2012 at 08:29 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Just be aware of the 3 types of Tau 7. In many adds, the Tau 7 is mentioned as 'match', but in 99% of the case, its a Standard version. Thát version is 290 pounds, about 300ish euro's.
    My Junior came in a case, so the 7 match will come in a case as well. Dunno what case though. Yr right that the laminates are no longer available.
    Same for the mk200. Understandable, cause they now have added the mk8 and mk300 range.
    Dont focus tóó much on the 3 types though, they found out(by accident)that the Jr is as accurate as the Match anyway, with common 3mm ctc testcards, same as the walther LP300.. As for the trigger; my Jr's trigger is great, nothing wrong with it. With the laminate grips gone, there's little left to choose the Match over the Sport imo.
    Only thing beneficial to all 7's is the compensator; they're more accurate with it.
    ATB,
    yana

I tried to order a new TAU 7 Match direct from the TAU site, and the invoice came straight back to me, but had no postage on it.

I asked if I could have a new invoice to include the delivery and received a very nice reply in English with the bank details offering to send it to me as soon as I transfered the payment.

This seems easy enough so far.....
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Yep, thats how it goes, easy as hell..
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    I tried to order a new TAU 7 Match direct from the TAU site, and the invoice came straight back to me, but had no postage on it.

I asked if I could have a new invoice to include the delivery and received a very nice reply in English with the bank details offering to send it to me as soon as I transfered the payment.

This seems easy enough so far.....
    It is easy. The worst part is the probable £20 odd your bank will charge you for the xfer!

As for £880 RRP quoted by Edgar Bros, I don't know what planet they live on or how they are still in business. The multiple of the CZ price is about the same as they quoted me for an Alfa back in 2006. No wonder Alfa don't sell here and by the sound of it, neither do the (superb) Tau 7s.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Dont think bank costs will exceed E5 as CZ is EU and within EU shared costs are obligated. (here anyway). Havent had issues yet.
    Yeah prices are ridiculous from EB. Allthough, iirc, about 10yrs ago, I bought a Tau 200 from them, nw, for 350 pounds..
    ATB,
    yana