Thread: Zoli 8 Bore

Zoli 8 Bore

Hi There.....

I've been offered a Zoli 8 bore single barel muzzle loader by a friend of mine....it is in good condition......does anyone know what these are worth?

He is packing in shooting and disposing of all his gear...this is a case of friends for years and me wanting to pay a realistic price and him not wanting more than a reasonable price.

Thx

Dick.

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    The Zoli 8 bore is relatively light & has quite a thin walled barrel. The temptation with these is to try 8 bore loads of 2 - 2 1/2 oz or more. Recoil is liable to be heavy. A load of 1 3/4 oz would be about max. I was offered one a couple of years ago that showed noticeable ring bulging & riveling of the barrel due to too heavy loads being used.
    Needless to say i turned it down. As to value if in good nick with a good tube £200-250?

Thanks for this...

8 bore

Hi the zoli can be used with a 2oz lead shot load and 5 1/2 drams of black powder or pyrodex but its better with 4 1/2 drams of powder the shot pattern is better value if its in very good condition with accesorries 200 to 250 ps it does NOT kick like a mule

Thx for the replies...I've got it now....will be testing it next week.