Thread: Checking in

Checking in

Hello all

Long time lurker, thought I'd join properly and say hello. May not post much but nice to be part of the community.

Me - divorced dad of football-crazy 7-year old son who I happily see a lot of because his mum and I managed to be sensible.

Brought up in the middle of nowhere in Suffolk. Taught to shoot around 8 or 9. As a kid, went through the usual plethora of Webley pistols, RO72s, ASI/Gamo Snipers and Paratroopers, and an Original 66 and a Feinwerkbau 127.

Doing almost no shooting just now as a result of living in London, spending time with my son, working too hard, and having some vestige of a social life. But in the past, did a lot: rimfire match as a teenager, bits of shotgun shooting, and, especially when I lived a few years in the US, plenty of fullbore rifle and pistol including some vintage rifle and club-level match shooting, and what the Yanks call "deer hunting".

Way back when they were legal, had a thing for S and P/Brocock rifles and got through an Ensign Royale, an Ensign Elite, a Lee-Enfield and two Heralds. Could never get any of them to work properly.

Still have my Original 66 (though its seals have gone) and my FWB 127, 3 1980s customised HW77s, some Chinese junk (B2, B3, EMB45, S2), a couple of Daisies, an RO71, an RO72 "artillery", a Crosman 1377, a Parker-Hale Dragon sporter and some other stuff, including most of a Paratrooper in bits in old shoe boxes.

Welcome from sheffield.
    hope you enjoy this forum.
    the paratrooper i had two, long time ago.
    hope you enjoy, lots of nice people and good advice
    take the fight to the fight, never retreat and a man with two guns but only one mag

hi and welcome Geezer

Mr Magoo is offline Should Have Gone to SecsPavers
    Hello and Welcome to the BBS.

Hi & welcome to the BB's.
    Soumds like you'll fit in with us all quite nicely.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

hi and welcome
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

hi and welcome