Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Rossendale Model Target Club

The Baikel industrial stapler did a good job last night - I admit to being impressed and wished I had a little more time with it.

The pistol shares a similar action to the mighty FWB 103, but has less mass and a much lower price tag. It also does not have the quality feel or the German "finish" - but it works well enough - and it is only the holes in the card that produce the score!

I have no idea about the availability of spare parts, but I would be looking to find some spare "high-hat" shaped breach seals if it were mine as I can see this seal is mounted upside down in the loading hatch and is able to fall out in use, and either being lost or damaged if the loading hatch was closed on the seal after it had been dislodged if this had not been noticed at the time.

Apart from that small concern I liked the feel and balance of the pistol and the easy cocking action.

Not sure why the Eastern European made pistols seldom come with any form of stippling on the grips, but I could soon fix that and improved the hand hold even more ( and probably make it look better too..).

My test card had a high and a low shot as I worked out the aiming point the sights had ben set to, and then produced a clover leafed hole with 5 pellets in it and the others in very close proximity.

If I thought I could repeat this level of accuracey on a regular basis I would be looking for my own "industrial stapler" right now (!) - but more likely I benefitted from a change at the end of the night and once the novelty had worn off I would slump back down to my usual irregular trend of mixing some outstandingly good cards with many more mediocre ones!

Nice pistol though - and I could get used to the looks !
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post

Not sure why the Eastern European made pistols seldom come with any form of stippling on the grips, but I could soon fix

Nice pistol though - and I could get used to the looks !

Stippling now sorted and its now a carbine. Steve will soon get used to it being pink!

ATB
    TC1
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    Glad you liked it Bob,spares are not a problem,and I have already sourced spare breech seals from Solware.It is very unlikely for the seal to drop out and I never have had it happen,in saying that someone had messed with it without askingOne night and had managed to lose both seals.Looks I quite like the "industrial" look and the trigger is very nice(not much if any difference from many of the top end pcp pistols).it may not be the prettiest pistol out there but it does what it says on the tin to coin a phrase.
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
    it does what it says on the tin to coin a phrase.
    After I.J. has fettled it for you, it should fit quite neatly in the tin..all 17 pieces.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Glad you liked it Bob,spares are not a problem,and I have already sourced spare breech seals from Solware.It is very unlikely for the seal to drop out and I never have had it happen,in saying that someone had messed with it without askingOne night and had managed to lose both seals.Looks I quite like the "industrial" look and the trigger is very nice(not much if any difference from many of the top end pcp pistols).it may not be the prettiest pistol out there but it does what it says on the tin to coin a phrase.
    With a supply of the "hi-hat" shaped seals being available - my only (very small) concern has been addressed !

I agree with your summary of the pistol completely, and if I happen to stumble across one on my travels at the right price it may well end up coming home with me!

Thanks for leting me photograph it for bobsairguns and for letting me have a go with it........now how do I prise that Pardini out of you for a similar venture? - if you prefer it to the Baikel it must be some performer!

I will shoot this round of the MPL,then give Ian or John the Pardini,for you to try/photograph.And yes the Pardini is a bit special
    Home Page:

Thanks Steve,

The Pardini will make a nice addition to bobsairguns to add even more interest and a deeper depth of subject for everyone to see.

It will make an interesting contrast with the Pardini PCP pistol I added recently.

It has been very hard trying to find and buy excellent examples of each type of match air pistol to picture and review for bobsairguns and sometimes heart wrenching to have to sell them to fund the next subject (especially when I may not personally like the next purchase as much as the one I had to let go to pay for it) so help from you by generously trusting me with the safe-keeping of your "pride and joy" is very much appreciated and saves me having to part with some of my favourite pistols to fund similar examples.

The success of the MPL and the far reaching interest it has generated in all matters concerning spring powered and SSP pistols has made it even harder for me to find nice examples to work with at a reasonable price as well as causing some owners to keep their springers and SSP pistols when previously they may have parted with them - making it even more difficult to find nice and unusual models to picture and test.

Thanks again for your help!
    Last edited by zooma; 24-10-2012 at 07:43 PM.

I will shoot this round of the MPL,then give Ian or John the Pardini,for you to try/photograph.And yes the Pardini is a bit special
    I know Tuesday night is your ballet dancing classes night but why dont you give that a miss one night and bring it over yourself ? They dont bite at RMTC (unlike Christine )
    Don't worry I will drain any puddles so that your Chelsea Tractor doesn't get splashed.

ATB
    TC1

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I know Tuesday night is your ballet dancing classes night but why dont you give that a miss one night and bring it over yourself ? They dont bite at RMTC (unlike Christine )
    Don't worry I will drain any puddles so that your Chelsea Tractor doesn't get splashed.

ATB
    TC1
    Your Chelsa tractor would be safe enough - most of the water is INSIDE our cellar range acting as a drain to keep the outside nice and dry!

ATB
    TC1
    Suppose that's the best invite I could expect from youGlad to help Bob your site and others like it are of great use to the likes of myself,that are relatively new to pistols.
    Home Page:

Suppose that's the best invite I could expect from you.
    Oh, it wasn't an invite. It was a veiled threat. Come on. Come over in your C. T. Dont worry they have seen cars before in Rawtenstall even though they still point at the moon.
    There a good bunch and even you may get a brew.

ATB
    TC1

There a good bunch and even you may get a brew.

ATB
    TC1
    Steady on now - we are not made of money you know!

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Steady on now - we are not made of money you know!
    I never mentioned the 50p/cup charge and sugar @ 10p per lump! I'd hate to frighten Steve away. Hes tighter than a submarines door.

ATB
    Ian

I never mentioned the 50p/cup charge and sugar @ 10p per lump! I'd hate to frighten Steve away. Hes tighter than a submarines door.

ATB
    Ian
    Oh I understand - like a targetted marketing strategy really.

I saw a picture of Steves card that he shot last night with his Pardini - he must be in a good mood after that so you never know he may splash out on a cuppa next Tuesday!

Unfortunately the card you saw, that Steve shot with the Pardini last night, was not an MPL Card. On the plus side, as practice for his Scottish comp, and inward scoring, he was pleased with his first 50. The funny thing, it came after changing from R10s to Hobby's.