Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Rossendale Model Target Club

New Bell Target Decals

We are having some bell target stickers made to the new design as shown here.

These will be in two sizes, the smaller ones to put on the rifle stocks, and the bigger ones are intended for use on the cases and tool boxes etc.

Together with the new 2013 MPL decals (already received) we should be able to brighten things up a bit and keep the interest levels high - "every little bit helps" - as somebody once said, and it does help

The decals will also be available for non-members to buy for anyone interested in airgun nostagia at £1.00 a pair with all funds going to RMTC to help us do up the range and replace some of our aging pellet traps with new ones etc etc etc........so don't be shy - ask for as many as you like - it's all for a good cause!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I had another good night at the club last night. I must admit that I enjoyed the opening of the fashion department in 'The Bunker'. The cat-walk was set up then Jackie and Geoff showed off the latest summer jackets. Very fetching indeed.

I heard next week it was boxers and thongs,so I think I'll give it a miss.

Could I congratulate Richard for a PB last night.

Kind Regards,
    Glen.

Work Party - Thanks

Thanks to Graham Burns, John Gould, Andi Mackenzie, Bob Stiles and Raymond Boucher for getting stuck-in to help get the range tidy and looking a lot smarter than it did before the face lift.

Apart from a gigantic clean-up and the removal of a huge amount of rubbish of all descriptions, the ceiling has been patched, both side walls and the butts end of the range have been repainted and the bell target stands have had a nice coat of Rossendale Red gloss paint.

Graham is getting some steel plates cut to stop the pellets borrowing their way out through the bottom of the NARPA pellet traps so we can refurbish them as well, and with the new faceplates/target holders being organised by Jackie and Geoff Radovic we should be rapidly approaching the time when we will have the RMTC range in the best shape it has ever been.

The range has already been transformed - but we have not finished yet - so if anyone else would like to come along in a couple of weeks time ( the week after Easter) we can attack the other end of the range and get it painted, get the tiles fixed on the end wall shelving, paint the ceiling and then third coat the walls.....as well as finishing-off the clean-up and removal of unwanted debris.
    Last edited by zooma; 24-03-2013 at 11:51 AM.

Work Party - Thanks - 2

I should add that the deep snow drifts that we had locally made the efforts of those that did make it to the range to lend a hand even even more impressive.

I had to dig for almost an hour to release my car from the snow drifts, and as always when there is any work to be done, John Gould was first on the phone to check the weather at our end as he was on his way from Manchester and on time!

Andy Mackenzie made it through from the depths of Bacup, and Graham had to get a local farmer out with his tractor to snow plough his way down the lane to the main road up on Saddleworth Moor.

Ray's drive from Bury was also appreciated as the weather was still hostile and most would have preferred to stay safe at home in the warm.

Good effort everyone - well done!

Happy to help Bob,

I think the only thing we forgot to do yesterday was some before and after pics. However after 6 hours of painting, patching, shifting all that junk etc, i think we can be forgiven.

Graham was mighty impressive and some what scary wielding that power saw .

Hopefully we'll get a few more down next time to make the job a bit easier on those of us that turn up.

We still have the top end of the range to sort out, so maybe we can do some pictures then?

How about another work party for this weekend

Next jobs include finishing the ceiling to make it ready for painting - and then painting it!

Attacking the top end of the range to clear the clutter, paint the walls and fixing the tiles to the rear plinth come a close second

All good fun - and we know Ray is keen to put some more paint on the bell target stands so lets get stuck in again and get a bit closer to the luxury pad we deserve

Sounds like a plan Bob.

See how many others we can rope in tonight.

Lets see if the church committee are still persueing their claim to the top end of the range first!

Cheeky blighters - they wait until we clear away all the sh one t (something they never did) and then think the space could be handy for their exclusive storage.

Certainly a downer - thats for sure

........not very Christian either come to thing about it....or is it?

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post

Cheeky blighters - they wait until we clear away all the sh one t (something they never did) and then think the space could be handy for their exclusive storage.
    Store as much of your gear as you can get in there first Bob; then argue about it.

What about a financial contribution from the church to RMTC for materials and the time spent by your members?
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Certainly a downer - thats for sure

........not very Christian either come to thing about it....or is it?
    We also suffer from another form of 'dumping'. Kevs a vegetarian and at times it sounds like it.

ATB
    TC1
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    Store as much of your gear as you can get in there first Bob; then argue about it.

What about a financial contribution from the church to RMTC for materials and the time spent by your members?
    Good point - but no doubt they will claim to have a very small stipend - as well as a very convenient memory loss

With various committee's and sub committees we can only hope that this particular branch of the "management" is out of touch with the main gang and that common sense and fair play will take over and respect the agreement we have.
    Last edited by zooma; 05-04-2013 at 06:43 AM.

Good point - but no doubt they will claim to have a very small stipend - as well as a very convenient memory loss

With various committee's and sub committees we can only hope that this particular branch of the "management" is out of touch with the main gang and that common sense and fair play will take over and respect the agreement we have.
    Am guessing there's been no updates on their claim then Bob.

If we are putting in an expenses / time claim, just let me know who to forward my invoice to .

Hopefully it'll all get sorted soon enough and we can crack on getting the range fully finished up.

Our contact man to the church (Geoff 2 - not our scorer Geoff 1) assure's me the problem can be resolved - but he has not had time to do anything about it yet

The territory grabber can be narrowed down to one of two culprits (apparently) so communication should be possible to arrange in the near future!

sounds hopeful then Bob.

Just have to sit tight and wait for it to work itself out then.

I am sure the matter is receiving the full speed attention it deserves!