Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What was your first airgun?

my first gun was the good old bsa meteor until my brother bought a weirach 80 and some how it use to find its way into my hands when he was out

Crac ajac

Last edited by trevor1; 29-02-2012 at 07:27 PM.

A battered BSA meteor bought for me by my father for my 11th birthday. We got it from Grinnall's gunshop in Stourport for (I think) £35, along with a tin of those dreadful marksman pellets. No tin can was safe.

We later added a "swallow" 4x40 scope - and I was all set!

edbear2 Guest
    In 1970 or 71 (can't remember) I got a Daisy "spittin' image saddle ring carbine as my first new gun for Christmas...I was a massive western fan, so the old chap thought it would be just the job...thing was (I was 13 then), I had been shooting all sorts of motley BSA, Diana and Webley etc. junior guns, including what I presume now was a light pattern BSA, since the age of 9 or 10, so the Daisy, although a 15 or 20+ shot repeater, was not really in the same league as a BSA cadet for power and accuracy, although it was fun to have so many shots without re-loading

It had a massive downside...we (my brother and me) had a steel target holder at the side of the house, and I don't need to say what happens when you fire steel BB's at a steel target holder

Still have both eyes, no thanks to the Daisy MFG Co.!

My first airgun was a pistol, a secondhand .22 Hurricane.

My first rifle was a brand new .22 Osprey, bought about 1979-80, which I still own today.

The Flies must DIE

My first airgun at the age of twelve was an SP50 pistol. The darts that came with the pistol provided many hours of entertainment. We also hunted flies on the house shooting them with wet toilet paper rolled up and stuffed into the barrel! Mum wasn't impressed by the paper splatters left on the windows.

A handed down Meteor Super was followed by a completely knackered Mercury S which I absolutely loved.

cheers

Andy

I used an ASI paratrooper (witht the pellet tube on top) when you are 12 you think it is the puppies danglies. We used it with my friends dad,who taught us the marksmanship principles, we didnt take any notice as we just wanted to pull the trigger and hope we hit the tin cans.
    My first owned airrifle was a Relum tornado which my brother still posses to this day. Still shoots but very low powered now though.
    First to go... last to know...RECCE.

[B]Logun S16-s .22

My Grandad gave me his old 177 Webley Senior for Xmas in 1976 when I was 11. I still have it. The local sports and tackle shop would sell me Milbro waisted pellets in boxes of 200 that would last most of the afternoon.

Iirc a Relum Taunus?
    anyway it started something..

A mark 5 .22 Bsa Meteor, still have it and use it.

Harrington Gat and a healthy supply of Milbro waisted pellets.

slavia 618 in 177.the beesnees in it's day

Mine was Diana Mod2 pistol followed by a BSA Meteor

Gat gun in 1966

Followed by a Webley Junior pistol around '67 then a Webley Falcon .177 in '68.
    Wish I still had'em
    Joe.

i got a sharp innova in .22 when i was 17 working at tescos i bought it for £25 from my line manager in the car park ....... and its still going strong 16yrs later with the original sights and everything.
    .22 Sharp Innova