Thread: Vortex 2-7x35 Diamondback initial impressions

Vortex 2-7x35 Diamondback initial impressions

Picked up this model at the shooting show... http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/...eticle/reticle it can be had online for the same £149 I paid at the show.

The unit was parallaxed at 75yards from the factory, this was easily altered with an adjustment of the objective ring. Initially I have it set for crystal clarity at 15yards with 7x mag, it is still near 100% clear at 35yards and only slight outer edge blur at 5 yards. I will continue to play with this to find the absolute optimum setting but as of right now i am seriously impressed with the scope.
    Image brightness and clarity is stunning, at sub parallax setting (5 yards) there is a slight blur to the outer edge of the image...the last 5% at worst I would say, at parallax and beyond there are no issues with this at all, obviously at lower magnification there are no issues at all, at 2x mag I could shoot 2 yards away or closer with perfect clarity with 100% image sharpness right across the image.

The reticle looks to lend itself to airgunning well, I have not mapped this out yet but initial impressions have it much like the map6 reticle although the aim point directly under centre looks closer on the Vortex which will probably work better.

Right now it is sat on a Diana 280k, eventually I feel it may move across to my R10 Carbine in .22 which will become my ratting gun, either way its a nice light weight mid class scope that looks to lend its self to airgunning quite well.

Just bought the 4-12 x 40 PA version for the HMR with deadhold ret. I am hoping for good things. If any good, then I am going to get the Viper PST for the 20 Tac.
    I have heard the Vortex scopes are excellent. Not easy to get in the UK though.

vortex diamondback

same hear, just bought a diamondback 3.5x10x50 dead hold bdc ret brand new 125 quid from this forum, they are 255 quid new i mainly use burris and leupold i tried it at just before dusk at the woods behind my house great low light very smooth adjustment on the focus ring it was on my buckmark but now on my 243win ,we shall see how it go, s this week

I am pleased to hear about the good reports of Vortex. I have several on backorder, including a PST. Just wish they would hurry up and bring them in to UK.