Thread: 2 years with Falcon T50

2 years with Falcon T50

.It's been two years since taking delivery of the current T50B test scope, so where are we?

Mechanically-
    The turrets are still working fine with no slip despite being reset for different temps and ammo several times, the clicks feeling as positive today as they did when I recieved it.
    The sidewheel has not developed any backlash or wobble, neither has the zoom ring.
    It holds zero , all through its zoom and parralax movement and has been tried on a springer too.

Temperature-
    The T50 is on my HW100S and is used primarily for the winter season, it was set up in -1 deg C temps and has not been reset since, there is a temp shift around 14deg C mark, where it then under ranges by approx 2.5 yds, but as I use it in the cold I have seen no issues and it comes in on the marks same as when I set it up.

optics-
    I have had two instances of whiteout, both at Tondu when the winter sun was behind the high targets, I could hardy see anything at all, but, neither could the guys shooting with me and we had quite a variation of scopes between us, so I suppose it's par the course unless your paying for top line March etc.
    Have had no issues rangefinding into shadow/ bright light or in the woods at Avon.

in comparison to my Bushnell the optics are neither as bright or sharp ans the 8-32x40 elite, however the T50 is very easy to range with, snapping into focus quickly and leaving little chance of error, this contrasts highly with the Bushnell which fades in slowly and can easily be misranged unless you pay close attention.

likes/dislikes-
    Likes-
    Easy to rangefind and a consistent performance accross a wide temp range, once shifted at approx 14deg C it holds constant up to 26 deg C (highest temp I have used it in)
    easy to rangefind with.
    sidewheel whilst nothing fancy has a good area to attach marking tape to inside the knurled edge.
    turrets are good, easy to use with gloves, solid clicks and easy to read without squinting in poor light (unlike my Bushnell)

dislikes-
    Heavy and that can unbalance the rifle, found this more of an issue since using the bushnell.
    when re setting the turrets after zeroing it's fiddly to tighten up the grub screws and keep the turret square, theres a knack to it .
    the front flip up pin falls out, this has happened on all the T50's I have tested, so I dont use these flip ups any more on the front, rear one stays put though?

conclusion-
    this scope has definatly improved my scores, it's doing the same job as a Diamond for £200+ less and has so far been 100% reliable, in fact the two diamonds I have used as a comparison have fallen short of the T50 in poor lighting conditions, but we all know Diamonds do vary, and having several T50's to test I cannot comment on how T50's may also vary.
    All told very good scope for the cash, cant really find any serious flaws in it.

regards
    Mike

Thanks for the comprehensive review Mike. I've been keenly watching all the Falcon threads over the past year. When and if the time comes to update my Bushnell 6-24 on my TX200, this is likely the scope I will get.

Any reservations running it on a springer?
    Good deals: davida6212 jimmer u.k.neil

Very interesting. What's the gaps like between the markings on the sidewheel, particularly between 50 and 55 yards?

I have had mine (#20) for a year now, mounted on an EV2 used for FT comps. Not a single problem with it, still clicks well, and as said by the OP, snaps in/out of focus better than a lot of `Diamonds` have tried. yes it does have a 2 yd shift at about 14 deg C, but once you have sussed that, its a lovely bit of kit to use..... Its just let down by the `squidgy bit of biomass` holding the rifle.

PJ
    FX Verminator .177, Baikal IJ 38. 177, Gat gun .177, Haenal 303 .22, HW77 x 2 .177, Diana mod 27 1929 .177. EV2....... midshiresmarksmen.com

Thanks for the feedback PJ. What size sidewheel have you fitted and what is the marking distance like between 50 & 55 yards? A reliable rangefinder all in all?

Hi Simon,

I have a `D` shaped side wheel which gives me an effective radius of 95mm at 50/55 yds, and the circumfrential measurement between 50 and 55 yds is 8mm.

cheers PJ
    FX Verminator .177, Baikal IJ 38. 177, Gat gun .177, Haenal 303 .22, HW77 x 2 .177, Diana mod 27 1929 .177. EV2....... midshiresmarksmen.com

I think very good scope for the money.