Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Barpc 2012 easter bunny bash

Well done to Bob and all the guys at BARP for a great course all set in lovely surroundings and great weather too!

Couldn't ask for more really - well, one or two LESS 'DOH!-NUTS!' (as I call 'em) - but hey-ho......

Happy to 'plate' the long one on 39/40 twice, I saw plenty get nought on that one.

Cheers, Paul & Di.
    TX200 collector, ex - BFTO member and vintage BSA rifle anorak!
    Get yourself something useful.....
    HERE!

Thankyou Basingstoke-anyone scoring over 70-I salute you Well done to Steve Light on a very impressive 74-nearly every target required a mastery of yoga to aquire a clear target sighting, so that score was outstanding.
    Pat the Hat, Simmo and Mr Chase-well shot chaps

I hope Bob Ward recovers soon-although having shot the course, I have a sneaking suspicion that he jibbed out (only joking Bob-get well soon mate)

One question-how far was peg 39/40? 60 yards plus?
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

Thanks all at Basingstoke, nice 'thinking mans' course that, I like those (most of the time )
    & it's allways nice to add to the trophy collection with a 1st from the bunny bash !

Graham, I shot 39/40 @ (what is supposedly) my 55-60yd mark with a touch of left edge for wind, went down both times
    ATB

Steve

PS
    Hope Bob feels better soon.
    Last edited by Steve L; 13-05-2012 at 04:56 PM.

Add my thanks to the list. Great fun - Basingstoke is one of my favourite venues and the shoots are superb. Pegs 15/16 (or whatever numbers they were) were just pure evil

Well done Steve - superb shooting. Pat donutted the first target but he never gives up - I still had to down both targets on the last peg just to draw with him - with a PCP!

Well done "43" Simmmo...

Hope Bob is feeling better soon.

regards

Richard
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Quote Originally Posted by mowerman View Post
    Well done to Bob and all the guys at BARP for a great course all set in lovely surroundings and great weather too!

Couldn't ask for more really - well, one or two LESS 'DOH!-NUTS!' (as I call 'em) - but hey-ho......

Happy to 'plate' the long one on 39/40 twice, I saw plenty get nought on that one.

Cheers, Paul & Di.
    Thanks Paul

Apart from pegs 39/40 and one other lane, which I did, the credit has to go to Colin Baggs, Phil and Mark Cosham, Pat, Dave Hard and Ian Sheppard who built the course and Dave and Ali for doing the stats today. Thanks guys.

Pleased that the course was enjoyable. I had a pop at a couple of targets but I really didn't feel like it despite Grahams best efforts to persaude me otherwise.

I left just as a couple were coming off the course, dropped the rifle off at home (you can imagine if I'd left it in the car at the hospital) and spent an hour up at the walk in clinic at the hospital to be ticked off for not going sooner. Now on a course of antibiotics and told to rest as doc confirmed bronchitus.

On behalf of the club, our thanks to everybody who supported us, especially those who had a fair journey.

Bob
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Basingstoke Air Rifle & Pistol Club. Founded 1975

Thanks to all at Basingstoke, truly evil course that keeps you thinking all the time, many thanks also to Charles, Chris and Graeme for their company today, and Bob , glad to see you're getting treatment now, roll-on the Sizzler, Terry.
    Professional MISSER
    "THE OAKS"

Just to Echo everybody's sentiments....great course...hated the long one hated the donuts....Hate Simmmy for creeping ahead (cheating little git that he is..)

What i did like, what i really really liked was a SUSSEX 1 2 3

ROCK ON!! XX

Spongetastic!!
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

I would also like to apologise to Eddie for my fit of inappropriate laughter when he donutted no 39.

Not the behaviour of a gentleman and I apologise unreservedly.

It was funny though

Richard
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Richard I thought it was funny as well, I couldn't manage the shot right handed so I rolled over to take it left handed and fired prematurely the story of my life
    But that was a super competition .

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    I would also like to apologise to Eddie for my fit of inappropriate laughter when he donutted no 39.

Not the behaviour of a gentleman and I apologise unreservedly.

It was funny though

Richard

Can someone tell me what the 5 gold stars are on the thread title, ( does it mean Bob's a general)
    Professional MISSER
    "THE OAKS"

Yeah a General Layabout...
    (i wondered that...)
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by terryaiken View Post
    Can someone tell me what the 5 gold stars are on the thread title, ( does it mean Bob's a general)
    Far from it Terry.

It just an award from the mods in recognition of the abuse I have to bear from certain members of the board who reside in the general Sussex area. Tis a tough job but one I'm willing to accept knowing that the likes of spongey are receiving their "care in the community" and that eventually they may be accepted back into mainstream society

Bob
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Basingstoke Air Rifle & Pistol Club. Founded 1975

Quote Originally Posted by Prone Shooter View Post
    Far from it Terry.

It just an award from the mods in recognition of the abuse I have to bear from certain members of the board who reside in the general Sussex area. Tis a tough job but one I'm willing to accept knowing that the likes of spongey are receiving their "care in the community" and that eventually they may be accepted back into mainstream society

Bob
    That's something we're all working towards Bob, tho I fear we're heading for failure, but I for one salute your endeavor, atb Terry.
    Professional MISSER
    "THE OAKS"

Did somebody call???

Goddamn Northerners....Now where did i leave my glasses...oops!..there they are on top of the Bunny Bash score cards....Whatever have i brought them home for???

Youhavebinsponged X

Quote Originally Posted by blackscale View Post
    Did somebody call???

Goddamn Northerners....Now where did i leave my glasses...oops!..there they are on top of the Bunny Bash score cards....Whatever have i brought them home for???

Youhavebinsponged X
    You noticed there is no mention of the scores anywhere as well then Mike, I see a nice write up on how Sussex were trounced at the Sizzler on the BARPC website yet no mention of the Bunny bash