Thread: Hello from Farming country

Hello from Farming country

Hello from sunny Lincolnshire!

I've recently re-arrived on the airgun scene - I used to be into from about 15-16 years of age, acquired an air pistol (underlever Gamo) and would regularly go ratting as well as lamping for rabbits (would borrow my friends air rifle - could never afford one and my parents wouldn't buy me one!). I got rid of most of my stuff about 10 years ago, settled down with the missus, bought a house, but got a nice pleasant surprise in the pay packet this month, so I bought a Weihrauch HW97K in .177 (much to my mates displeasure - he wanted me to get something british and .22... like a BSA Meteor MK7.... I'm sure you get the irony) with a Nikko Stirling 3-9X40 scope and some JSB Exacts

Spent last sunday down the range, putting a few pellets through it and bedding it in, love the accuracy, it's everything I expected once I started to get myself re-acquainted with the techniques. The bug's really bitten since then, and as getting out and bagging a few rabbits is the goal, I got some cheap camo from mil-surplus and some other essentials so I can get out there - everywhere I go now I'm noting where the rabbits are and making a mental note to go and visit a few farms, hoping to get some permissions in the near future after I'm confident I can reliably hit my targets. Seriously tempted to V-glide it after trying out an Air Arms Pro-sport....

Hello mate .

And welcome to the forum .

All the best .

Andy .
    " Never mistake kindness for weakness "

PLAGUE is offline Nice to see you, to see you,,,,,,,Nice!!!!!!!
    Welcome to the forum - i like your attitude.

Steve.

A very warm welcome to this fine forum it’s good to have you join us ………………….…

Hello & welcome.
    Similar story to myself, just started shooting again after a long break.
    ATB
    I started off with nothing & still have most of it left!

Thanks for the welcome peeps, I'm also involved with a few other forums to do with my other expensive hobby (cars)

attitude? well there's talking about it and doing it, I'm a feet first kinda guy, not always the best idea, but I've got enough of a clue with airguns to make reasonable choices!

hi and welcome