Thread: I Broke My Innova :(

I Broke My Innova :(

Hi All.

My .22 Innova is on the blink. When I pump the gun it hisses at the end part of each stroke. I'm presuming that's the blow-off thingie.

You can get full power if you pump it quickly and give it ten pumps. (and I do mean quickly). Pump it slowly and it will let the air out. However, when it is fully pumped it will hold air.

I can't find a gunsmith round here who will touch it. Aaron Wheeler of Brighouse has looked at it twice and can't seem to work out the problem. He seems to think it may be a tired blow off valve spring (?). When he stripped it he showed me some kind of pin that was sticking or something. However, he's always busy these days and never has time to do a thorough job.

I know Innovas are supposed to be easy to work on but I'm reluctant to strip it as I'm utterly shite with guns. Does anyone have a clue what's going on here or if it's even fixable?

Thanks.

Send it over to me mate - I'll sort it for you

Very unklikely to be the blow-off valve in the pump head. 90% likely that it will be a dodgy exhaust valve assembly.

PM sent

Matty
    Last edited by MattyBoy; 26-03-2012 at 03:33 PM.
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

have you tried henry kranks mate

simple to do easy to work on if the rods are ok got spares somewere

If you blindfold Lawrie and tie one arm behind his back, he will do it for you, but you may have to wait ten minutes though

Smile

Lawrie's your man

There are a few guys on here that can fix Sharp rifles, Matty has been good enough to offer a repair so problem solved.
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

as above matt helped me with information about mine ive never worked on them before and i sorted mine out now running at 11.3 ftlb and very consistent

Quote Originally Posted by OLD JUD View Post
    There are a few guys on here that can fix Sharp rifles, Matty has been good enough to offer a repair so problem solved.
    Hi Why all the bold letters? maybe he was trying to find some one more local to him ( i`m not knocking Matty, it was a nice gesture) that he could take it to rather than posting. personally that`s what i would do.
    Beware of the flowers cos i`m sure they`re gonna get you, yeah! (john otway and wild willy barret - deep and meaningless)

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    Hi Why all the bold letters? maybe he was trying to find some one more local to him ( i`m not knocking Matty, it was a nice gesture) that he could take it to rather than posting. personally that`s what i would do.
    Why have you assumed my post was aimed at the OP?
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

Thanks for all the help, folks. It's on its way to Matty next week for the star treatment

Thumbs up

Update:

Innova sorted by MattyBoy. It now shoots like it just rolled out of the factory in Tokyo - or wherever it is they made them

First shot in anger = one instantly dead feral.

Nice one, Matty. Many thanks