Thread: Hello from Cambridgeshire....

Hello from Cambridgeshire....

Hi, just a quick introduction and potted shooting history....

53 year old married with 2 grown kids, been shooting since my early teens.

Started shooting with a trusty Webley Mk3 air rifle, progressed to .22rf and .303s with the Air Cadets, joined the R.AUX.A.F (part-time RAF Regiment) in my late 30s and was "green carded" on everything the RAF could offer, (SLP, SMG, LMG, SLR and eventually the L85.)
    Joined the RAF Pistol Club and shot UIT, Police and Service pistol competitions, and started building my personal collection of Pistols, and also started handloading for .38 and .45.
    My R.AUX.A.F unit was disbanded in '97, but I continued shooting....

Did the UKPSA basic course and shot in Practical Pistol competitions in stock class using a Glock 21, and in Modified using a compensated Glock 17, as well as shooting at the AD events.

After the Dunblane tragedy, used the compensation cash to buy a s/hand 10/22 which I used for Minirifle, and a .38/.357 Marlin carbine.... I shoot both in Gallery rifle comps.
    Owned a 7.62 Enfield for a while but didn't enjoy shooting it, so now my "big gun" is a Reminton 700 SPS Tactical in .223, which I'm struggling to get to shoot straight!
    Used to own a couple of shotguns and tried my hand at Clay, and real, pidgeons, but with limited time, and money, sold them to concentrate on Rifle shooting.

Regularly (but not as often as I'd like!) I shoot at the Isle Target Sports Club, (www.itsc.org.uk) and I try and get down to Bisley at least once a year, normally for Pheonix, but also the GRAW's.

Daryll.

Hello mate .

And welcome to the forum .

All the best .

Andy .
    " Never mistake kindness for weakness "

hi and welcome