Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hammerli P26 Pistol

Hammerli P26 Pistol

Hello all,
    I bought a Umarex made Hammerli P26 Sig Sauer look-a-like CO2 pistol on Friday. I have just had a chance to shoot it and I am a bit concerned about the power of the pistol.
    At 10 feet it is not able to penetrate a soup can. I imagined it would be able to go through a soup can with ease. The CO2 cartridge is of course new and I am using H&N flathead pellets with the heads fitting almost flush with the front of the magazine.
    Does anyone own one and is this par for the course?
    Thanks,
    Alan

not using thick farm house soup tin are you

is the gun new ?
    thought point ed type of pellet would have been better to go through cans etc

I would expect a Umarex pistol to put a hole in one side of a standard food can at 10 feeet.
    But only one side, and at 10 yards it might just dent.

Some tin cans ,as mentioned are more substantial!

Umarex pistols are very good 6 yard target pistols and IPAS pistols but if you want a can basher you need to look elsewhere.

Crosman 2240 would be a cheap start.

Oh and dont put pointy pellets in your gun as it will jam.

Had a similar problem recently checked the Co2 capsule and found that it had not been pierced correctly in fact barely pierced tried a diiferent make of capsule big hole problem solved, also soup cans can be different.

Tin can

Hello,
    Thanks for the replies.
    The tin can is a Heinz soup can (Tomato hehe). Perhaps after a few more mag's things will improve.
    Perhaps I am wrong but I assumed the Hammerli P26 was a bit more powerful than some of my CO2 BB guns I own. For instance my Cybergun Jericho 941 can go straight through a soup can. My Umarex HPP, Umarex H&K USP and Umarex SA 177 also go through one side of the can at a similar range.
    Perhaps it just needs time.
    Alan :-)

Some of those are BB pistols and your steel bbs will do the job as they hit fast and hard.

But they are not as accurate as pellet guns and will also hit you with rebounds given any opportunity

Hammerli P26

Hi,I have one of these pistols and it has no difficulty piercing a heinz bean can up to 10m. What I don't like about the pistol is the trigger , its absolutely horrendous , one fast fire mag in double action and my trigger fingers had it for the session. Whats your trigger like?

Quote Originally Posted by Brynner View Post
    Hi,I have one of these pistols and it has no difficulty piercing a heinz bean can up to 10m. What I don't like about the pistol is the trigger , its absolutely horrendous , one fast fire mag in double action and my trigger fingers had it for the session. Whats your trigger like?
    My trigger is very smooth and particulary nice in double action mode. Not so good in single action mode.
    I am concerned if my pistol is low on power. Has trouble with a bottom of a Coke can. Hmmm....
    How many shots from a CO2 cartridge are you getting?
    thanks,
    Alan

Bought one because I liked the look, trigger is bloody horrible.

Will chrono it next chance I get.

Genuinely had less than 100 pellets through it, might use it as a display piece, certainly hate shooting it.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

CO2

Quote Originally Posted by Mikes View Post
    Had a similar problem recently checked the Co2 capsule and found that it had not been pierced correctly in fact barely pierced tried a diiferent make of capsule big hole problem solved, also soup cans can be different.
    Thanks Mike. I will change the cartridge this morning and see what happens.
    regards,
    Alan

Hammerli P26

Quote Originally Posted by London177 View Post
    My trigger is very smooth and particulary nice in double action mode. Not so good in single action mode.
    I am concerned if my pistol is low on power. Has trouble with a bottom of a Coke can. Hmmm....
    How many shots from a CO2 cartridge are you getting?
    thanks,
    Alan
    Sorry for late reply , been on holiday. I get anywhere between 60 -80 shots depending on the make of cartridge. Looks like I'm going to have the the trigger sorted.

Hammerli P26

Sorry for late reply,been on holiday. I get between 60-80 shots per cartridge depending on the brand . It looks as though I'm going to have the trigger sorted on my gun.

i have an early version of this gun, the RWS c225, & it's as powerful as any co2 replica pistol could be- accurate too. mine will puncture a bean tin, & totally muller a beer can. good trigger, too, especially in SA, but DA's good too.

It is a bit disapointing when you try a new pistol and only dent a can.

Update

Hi everyone,
    My pistol is fine now and can punch through a Heinz soup can at 10 yards with ease.
    The problem was that the CO2 cartridge had not been punctured properly. My fault as I should have turned the brass screw far more than I did.
    Read the manual next time!
    Thanks for all the replies and assistance.
    Alan :-)