Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: webley vulcan valuation

A well sorted Vulcan, cocked carefully 'dead on axis' will shoot and wear very well -

If you give a new shooter a Vulcan (with a trigger replacement/upgrade) I'd put money on them shooting it a lot better than an hw35, 335, or FWB despite the better engineering of these models

The old Webleys, are and were just very easy to shoot well with, and certainly in 22 with the correct pellet selected (superdome, old wasp, trophy's) if not a accurate as the german guns, so so so so so close that it really doesn't make any difference in real terms

That protruding barrel is the easiest thing to load too, you don't have to stare at your breach, can be done fast by pure feel -

But yes, they will never be valuable guns, are prone to easy bend barrels, have largely been knacked by ox springs etc when you find them, or jaws pushed apart by cocking in correctly with poor technique. They were originally 'cheap' thus going into the hands of 'non enthusiasts' , really good ones must be getting thinner on the ground now -

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Helloooo Alistair. Pistol-grip wise, possibly (will just about give you that although we are only talking millimetres of circumference difference, here), but when considering said stocks over all (from the butt through to fore-end), having owned more than my fair share of each over the years, I beg to differ, Sir, as comparing the two stock styles, as stated, over all, is a little like comparing Twiggy (as was) with Jo Brand (as is) !!!

TWIGGY'S GOT FAT HANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fat HAAAAANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And apologies for slagging the Vulcan a bit, I forgot it was way cheaper than the HW35 etc. And easier to cock. And more powerful. Although I have a 35 from that era and it is still as solid as a Rolls Royce. Heavy b'stard though ...

I have a mint, boxed Vulcan Mk1.(0.177) It has all of the original literature as well.

I have fired it a few times - it Chrony's at 10.9 ft lbs using SMK crap pellets.

I paid £160 - I think I have a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    That Vulcan I'm pretty sure ended up in a good home, got a trigger upgrade, a full v maching, a slimtech silencer, and still gets used regularly.
    It did have a wobbly barrel lock up bar that needed re setting, but once that was done, was a good 'un
    Hi there,i think your right,as it was sold to a gentleman in bexhill on sea...

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Hmm. I would say this was the other way around. The Mk 1 had a very thick pistol grip, which could be rightly described as 'fat' while the Mk 2 had a much nicer slim pistol grip. The Mk 2 stock was larger but slimmer and much nicer to handle.

The Webley Vulgar had a great powerplant but the breech pin made for poor lock-up after a bit of use and the trigger was a nasty thin blade. As a response to the HW35, Anschutz 335 and Feinwerkbau Sport it was half-assed and it took them several model increments to fix it. By then it was too late. Good example of a British compromise lacking in conviction and courage. Good gun with a bit of work though, and the Beeman C1 carbine derivative with its straight hand stock is a cracking little gun.
    Have to agree with the C1, mines a mark 1 without the saftey catch, great little gun.

Question How much?

Have you still got this mate?