Thread: Webley MKI Rifle, help wanted

Webley MKI Rifle, help wanted

As title, a friend has asked me to make up the part that goes on the end of the two long cocking links to engage with the piston and draw it back on the cocking stroke. I don't have a drawing or photograph of this particular item, can anyone out there help me by providing a photograph or drawing, or indeed anything else that would help me make the part from scratch. If anyone actually had a spare one that I could physically borrow to copy that would be good, but any help appreciated in any form whatsoever.

Thanks, Vic Thompson.

Message to you Vic...

please look at my siggy for pictures
    look at first thread and thread 13

hi there, thanks for the reply to my posting regarding the MK I rifle. The item that I am interested in is the part that goes in the cylinder and slides backwards and forwards in the cocking slot when pulled by the Cocking Long Links. I couldn't see a piccy of this item in your BBS postings, do you have any piccies of this part by any chance, preferably from several angles so that I can start making a replica, to be finished when an original part is available allowing addition of fine detail ?

Thanks, Vic Thompson.

Hello, I have sent some pics to the email address in your profile, I hope they are of use.

I was just wondering if a MK2 one would fit ?

http://www.airgunspares.com/store/pr...k2-Short-Link/

ATB Mick

thanks for the input folks. GuizeAyose sent me some piccies by E Mail, and the MKII one looks different to the one in the piccies in a couple of respects. A good idea however, why make one when you can buy one, especially when it'll take five or six hours from the look of it. I'll make a dimensioned drawing up from the piccies and work from that. Thanks to everyone who sent useful suggestions in, I'll try and report back when I've finished it.

Vic Thompson.

Hi Vic,

Just wondering...is the short link/cocking shoe from the MK1 pistol different/bigger than the MK1 rifle?...(in case it isn't blatently apparent...I know bugger-all about Wobleys! )
    blah blah

Webley Mk1 air rifle

Hi Vic,

I have sent you a PM,

regards,

Jason