Thread: giffard 8mm ( lead ball ) co2 air rifle muzzle velocity & or joules of power

giffard 8mm ( lead ball ) co2 air rifle muzzle velocity & or joules of power

hi, i cant find any information regarding the joules of energy from a giffard 8mm rifle on the internet . theres just breif descriptions & at best badly reprinted ads that are unreadable. does anyone out there know as im planning to get one & as im living in poland & the laws are different here it would be useful to know . thanks .

can you not chronograph one to see what there putting out ????

also id change your location field to reflect your true location before you lose sales access

They can run quite high if original/well renovated.
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

Quote Originally Posted by astraman1 View Post
    can you not chronograph one to see what there putting out ????

also id change your location field to reflect your true location before you lose sales access
    ok i missed that. i dont think you read my q. properly, im planning to get one of these. i have asked the seller , but he doesnt have a clue.....so....has anyone tried to measure a giffard 8mm air rifle in terms of power....joules . as its running on co2 i would expect it not to be that high , but im probably wrong. cheers.

giffard

I'm not sure of the power but I once resealed one and decanted a soda stream refill in to it .the closest ball I could find was a hordady .310 lead ball and I fired it at a steel door from about 10 yard. It flattened it to about the size of a 50 pence it was great