Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gamo Centre and Target Pistol

My Falcon is ready to go. Not popped it over the chrono with R10s , but it was doing ok a couple of weeks ago when tried out at 10m.

This coming week should tell though, as the recoiling springers are put through their paces.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

latest GAMO CENTER chrono tests

after afew hundred shots the latest chrono readings are CO2 402 to 410 fps HOBBY 392 to 401 GECO 426 to 429 fps and that is good enough for me

Good effort John.

Perhaps a barrel clean, and a few hundred re-leading shots would be the icing on the cake.

Look forwards to seeing how it performs.

I'll be down on Thursday with the Falcon.

Kind regards,

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by john.gould View Post
    after afew hundred shots the latest chrono readings are CO2 402 to 410 fps HOBBY 392 to 401 GECO 426 to 429 fps and that is good enough for me
    Sounds like the Centre is settling down nicely following your superb rebuild and it has transformed the pistol.

With only 3 fps variation the GECO remains the pellet to use in our Centre.

It will be interesting to see how the GAMO Target performs after it has had one of your famous rebuild and lube routines and if the pellet choice is the same. I have only used Meisterkugeln and R10 in it so far and it seems to work well enough with them - but maybe there is better to come?
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

On my travels today trawling the north west gun shops I came across an El Gamo Centre! It wasn't in that bad a condition - it needed a bit of work on the back sight, but it felt right. Needless to say it came home with me.
    Over the chrono its doing a consistent 377-383 fps with H & N Match.

I wont be using it for the next round of the MPL but the inward scoring and the extra one point per card has got my competitive juices flowing. After a brief (VERY brief ) episode with a FWB 65 with the anti recoil locked off I shall give the recoiling pistol section of the MPL another try.

Ive also noticed most fall right through the loading port! I know someone a fellow Rivi member who may be able to make a steel/alloy version. He has, after all, made himself an auto pop-out single shot feeder like the HW100 for his Rapid 7. I shall talk nicely to him when we next meet.

ATB
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 24-09-2012 at 05:22 PM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

You will enjoy playing with that - they are really nice under-rated pistols now back in demand again due to the MPL.

Under lever and Under rated - thats the Centre!
    Last edited by zooma; 24-09-2012 at 09:15 PM.

Can we go for a full house of Gamos on the next round!?

Kind regards,

Phil

I have a centre and falcon both in vg working order, the centre has teeth marks (dog) on the butt,the falcon is missing rear sight, no rust or pitting both shoot well,I would sell both for £95 posted can do pics by phone atb John

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Ive also noticed most fall right through the loading port! I know someone a fellow Rivi member who may be able to make a steel/alloy version. He has, after all, made himself an auto pop-out single shot feeder like the HW100 for his Rapid 7. I shall talk nicely to him when we next meet.
    ATB
    Ian
    Crossing his palm with a reasonably large piece of silver might be more effective. ...

ATB
    Mike
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    Crossing his palm with a reasonably large piece of silver might be more effective. ...

ATB
    Mike
    An El Gamo Centre loading port made out of silver? Now theres a thought.

I still think steel or ally would be more suitable.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Have you tried the Blue Peter website to see if they ever made one out of plasticine and an old yoghurt pot?

Kind regards,

Phil

An alloy loading port sound's good - looks like your pal could have a bulk order brewing-up.

ASI Prices November 1984

The Model 65 I bought from BBS last Friday arrived today and is very good - but the reason for mentioning it on this thread is that it came with a very interesting little price booklet form ASI dated November 1984.

Retail Prices:-

Centre Air Pistol £37.00.
    Falcon Air Pistol £28.00.

Compared to:-

£237.82 for a Model 65 with anatomical grip,
    £249.29 for a Model 80 with anatomical grip,
    £255.06 for a CO2 Model 2 with anatomical grip.
    £289.50 for a Model 90 with anatomical grip.

All prices taken from the same ASI price list.

The GAMO Centre and Falcon models really were very cheap pistols ( the Target had not been made yet in 1984) and so it is even more surprising that all these years later they are still probably the best target "kickers" available !

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    I have a centre and falcon both in vg working order, the centre has teeth marks (dog) on the butt,the falcon is missing rear sight, no rust or pitting both shoot well,I would sell both for £95 posted can do pics by phone atb John
    We just have to buy these two GAMO pistols and get them into action in the MPL as fast as possible!

The grip on the Centre may be repairable - if not, then its out with the penknife, find a suitable piece of wood and start carving as there are no spare grips available.

Does anybody know where we can find a rear sight assembly for the Falcon?

Since we re-discovered just how good the GAMO pistols perform, we have a sudden resurge of interest in finding more of these old pistols and bringing them back to an active life in the MPL each month!
    Last edited by zooma; 25-09-2012 at 04:19 PM.

Good find on the prices.

I recently picked up some late 70s Airgun Worlds, and do like looking at the adverts for prices.

Good idea on picking up the other Gamos, but probably need to negotiate the price down a little due to the repairs required.

Kind regards,

Phil