Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gamo Centre and Target Pistol

My Centre is presently residing in Johns hands after he gave us all a demonstration tonight at the R.M.T.C. how a recoiling springer can produce score for the M.P.L. that would put a match pcp to shame.
    Having recently worked on a couple of Centres he knows the pistols ins and outs and hes now working his magic on mine. I suggest that the tunning, the RMTC equivalent of a Venom rifle tune, could be called a 'Snake Spit' pistol tune and he could corner the market on El Gamos finest.

Cheers John.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

John shot well with my rebuilt GAMO last night - deservedly reaping the benefits of his labour.

It was a real eye opener and just goes to show what can be possible with these cheap little pistols that can still be picked up for very modest sums of cash.

The MPL gives them a new lease of life for those that can get to grips with a "kicker".
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

John returned my Snake Spit tuned Centre tonight. Already it feels far smoother and the loading port no longer flops around.
    I shall put it through its paces tomorrow night.

Cheers John!

ATB
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    John returned my Snake Spit tuned Centre tonight. Already it feels far smoother and the loading port no longer flops around.
    I shall put it through its paces tomorrow night.

Cheers John!

ATB
    Ian
    Welcome to the GAMO GANG.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Welcome to the GAMO GANG.
    Not another breakaway organisation!!!
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    Not another breakaway organisation!!!
    No - they are all underlevers !

With pop out bits!

We have another one ........called Fido.

......and it is not going to get confused with all the other Centre pistols that seem to be coming out of the woodwork all of a sudden.

GAMO TARGET Mk 2 ?

I have just been looking at the picture of the GAMO Target in the 4th Edition of "The Airgun Book" on page 75.

This particular pistol does not have the same rear sight as mine - but one that is listed on the Chambers spares as an "Upgrade Rear Sight".

However, the cylinder also looks longer and has some extra holes in it at the rear to accomodate this bigger rear sight that looks a bit like the rear sight from an Original Model 10.

I am guessing there must have been two variants of the GAMO Target - mine shares the same cylinder and rear sight ( but with modified metal adjuster screws) as the Centre, but this other version can be seen on the Chambers drawings to have the longer cylinder fitted with a short rear plug (spring guide) to accomodate this different rear sight assembly (that sells for less than the standard rear sight).

Anbody know any more about the Mk 2 Target ?

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    And he was right, as this 1990 ASI advert shows, in the form of the PR-45 and Compact models.

The Target model also wears an upgraded trigger blade to compliment the anatomical style grip.
    Has anyone seen the Mk 2 Target with the upgraded rear sight ( looks like the one on an Original Model 10).

This model is shown in "exploded" format on the Chambers site and reveals a slightly longer cylinder and shorter end cap to accomodate the revised design rear sight - also shown on page 75 of the 4th Edition of "The Airgun Book".

If anyone has one like this for sale - please send me a PM with the details.

More GAMO's !

We have managed to find another four very good GAMO pistols. Two Centres and two Falcons - the Falcons look like "new".

All of them in very good nick, and all of them being stripped, greased and checked over for us by John G.

Two of them need new sights, and until they are stripped we are not sure if they need new washers or pivot posts etc - but once they are done and we know what parts have been needed to complete the MOT they will be available for anyone who wants to buy one ( at cost) for use in the MPL series.

The Falcons are very interesting as they have the same Centre mechanics but at a lighter weight and are ideal for those that prefer a lighter pistol - and they are less expensive than the Centre pistols as well!

Once they are all processed and completed we will know what they cost us to service and "make good" with any parts needed - but if anyone at Rivvy or RMTC is interested please let us know.

If nobody wants to buy them, we will be delighted to add them to the RMTC club guns as they are excellent examples that are perfect for the MPL series and should have plenty of life in them.

What can beat the GAMO gang?

We took a couple of HW45 Silver Star pistols to RMTC last night hoping to show that we had found a worthy rival to the GAMO "kickers" we currently think are the best choice as an MPL pistol to take full advantage of the score UP +1 point on offer.

To say the GAMO's blew them away would actually be an understatement - they were not in the same league - nowhere near - and probably no better than a Webley Tempest (to give some sort of idea where we were with them last night).

We spent some time on the triggers and different pellet types ( as well as just getting used to the pistols), but although they do look superb and are great fun to shoot - they were not too good at scoring anything!

John G ( our top shot with a kicker) has had his own HW 45 Silver Star for some time, and I took down an almost new example - but we just cannot get any good or consistant grouping with them.

John has just re-lubed another pair of s/h Centre pistols we bought last week - and both of them shot superbly straight away so it looks like our hunt to find a worthy or genuine rival choice for the best MPL legal "kicker" continues as there is absolutely nothing we have found yet that even comes close to being in the same league as the GAMO triplets - Centre - Falcon - Target.

If you are considering buying a "kicker" to use in the MPL - look no further - the GAMO's cannot be beaten for this job - and if we ever find something better - we will let you know here first!

I must admit, I was expecting much more from the HW45.

They look good, and are an excellent garden plinker, but target shooting is not for them!

So, in conclusion, Rivi should buy as many of them as they can!

I do think we are going to be very hard pushed to come anywhere near the Gamos.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by p.m.h View Post
    So, in conclusion, Rivi should buy as many of them as they can!
    Along with cloning John W that's Plan A from our performance coach

ATB

RTM ( by default and exclusive badge of office )
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post

RTM ( by default and exclusive badge of office )
    RTM - Rivvington Top Man by any chance?