Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Gamo Centre and Target Pistol

Mongrul On Duty

During a little cleaning session I mixed up the grips on the Centre pistols that we have at RMTC.

The superbly rebuilt example that JG rebuilt and used so well in Round 2 somehow ended up with Fido's grip fited to it, but this mongrul peformd well enough and if anything the teeth and chew marks on the grip actually gives a little more "grip"!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    The GAMO Centre has done it again - although sadly not with an RMTC shooter this time ( although as he is a Rossendale resident we should claim the score I think) so well done Paul Wrey with an MPL Round 3 top score of 182 ex 200.

If any more proof were needed to show that the GAMO Centre is the best ( and unbeaten) pistol to use in the MPL - here is some more !..unless anyone can beat that score with any other MPL legal pistol!
    What about the new Gamo break barrel?

During a little cleaning session I mixed up the grips on the Centre pistols that we have at RMTC.

The superbly rebuilt example that JG rebuilt and used so well in Round 2 somehow ended up with Fido's grip fited to it, but this mongrul peformd well enough and if anything the teeth and chew marks on the grip actually gives a little more "grip"!
    Mmmm - teeth mark in the pistol grip. Gives me a grand opportunity to smack one of our club members (she knows who she is ) in the mouth with my pistol fulfilling a long time wish and all in the interest of accuracy. Mind you ... it would be skip line stippling.*

ATB
    Ian

* MrFixit will understand that one.
    Last edited by I. J.; 31-10-2012 at 10:07 AM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

[QUOTE=I. J.;5707590]What about the new Gamo break barrel?

ATB
    Ian

Ah yes....the next contender for the best MPL pistol award I understand.

pmh could be sharing this new found little gem with us in the near future - and I will be trying not to laugh too loudly and get myself identified as the cause of any bad scores!

But "you never know", it was not so long ago that none of us considered the GAMO Centre as being such a good choice of pistol for the MPL, but it seems to be one of the best options we have to make the most use of the MPL's quirkey scoring rules - and so with that in mind it could be that pmh has discovered another!

......and as somebody said "it certainly looks like it could be good"

.....and as somebody said "it certainly looks like it could be good"
    If 'looking good' is the main criteria for accuracy I wouldn't hit the back wall.

ATB
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    If 'looking good' is the main criteria for accuracy I wouldn't hit the back wall.

ATB
    Ian
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ( they say) - and if pmt likes it then that is all that matters - and how would you feel if he has stumbled upon a winner eh?

Alas, with the traumas and tribulations of last week, I didn't get to the shop to have a play with the next potential contender.

This makes it a trite more exciting, as you never know when it might appear.

I can hear Ian starting to dance with the excitement.

For the price, it'd be rude not to pick one up.

I still have an inkling towards an HW70 though.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Quote Originally Posted by p.m.h View Post

Phil

...not excitement I fear - more likely dashing to the loo - hope it's not too late !

I taught St Vitas everything he knows.

I still have an inkling towards an HW70 though.

Phil
    You certainly know how to pick 'em.

Why not just go for an HW 45 - that is a real challenge that has only been mastered by the Rivvy lads so far!

You certainly know how to pick 'em.

Why not just go for an HW 45 - that is a real challenge that has only been mastered by the Rivvy lads so far!
    .....actually I was only joking - now Gordon has gone and bought one!

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    .....actually I was only joking - now Gordon has gone and bought one!
    Not quite

Quote Originally Posted by gordon View Post
    Not quite
    ......so there is still some hope?

Get yourself a nice GAMO Centre if you really want a good kicker - a model that has performed consistantly in the MPL in several pairs of hands!

....... a model that has performed consistantly in the MPL in several pairs of hands!
    Except mine.

ATB
    TC1

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Except mine.

ATB
    TC1
    I think you were just trying to be "different".....

NEW MPL Record Score.

A new highest top score has been set by Paul Wray in Round 3 of the MPL.

Pauls record breaking score of 182 was acheived with a GAMO Centre - well done Paul!

Paul is a resident of Rossendale ( so TC1 tells me), but unfortunately he was stood in the Rivvy range when he shot it and so his score has been added to their result!

Apart from that small technicality this was a very good result that again shows that the GAMO Centre is the best choice of MPL pistol so far as it is good enough to maximise the quirkey MPL scoring system.

I personally think it will be a long time before that score is beaten in the MPL, and I doubt there is a better pistol than the GAMO Centre to try and do it with either!

With prices for GAMO Centre pistols running at £65 or so ( maybe plus twenty quid for a "minter") it is also a very inexpensive way to go shooting.
    Last edited by zooma; 06-11-2012 at 05:38 PM.