Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Photo Gallery..

Photo Gallery..

Over the past months, many of our members have posted information about rare and collectable guns in their collections. But not everyone has posted pictures of their prized possessions, how about a photo gallery? (High quality photo's preferred).

Show us your finest and rarest guns, and any unusual ones, i'm sure the members of this forum would find them interesting.
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe

Mauser look-alike

Quote Originally Posted by OLD JUD View Post
    Over the past months, many of our members have posted information about rare and collectable guns in their collections. But not everyone has posted pictures of their prized possessions, how about a photo gallery? (High quality photo's preferred).

Show us your finest and rarest guns, and any unusual ones, i'm sure the members of this forum would find them interesting.
    This Chinese-made spring air pistol ( marked "Arrow") http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...djg/Arrow1.jpg
    is pretty rare (only know of two), but its main point of interest is the way it has been designed to resemble the famous broom-handle Mauser. Dates probably from the 1950's-60's. It was probably produced as a trainer for the Chinese police and never really made it commercially, at least in the West. Mine came in a plain triangular card box. Shoots quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    This Chinese-made spring air pistol ( marked "Arrow") http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...djg/Arrow1.jpg
    is pretty rare (only know of two), but its main point of interest is the way it has been designed to resemble the famous broom-handle Mauser. Dates probably from the 1950's-60's. It was probably produced as a trainer for the Chinese police and never really made it commercially, at least in the West. Mine came in a plain triangular card box. Shoots quite well.
    Never seen one of those before, nice looking pistol.
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

ok then

Here are a few

some FWBs

Two wobbleys

More FWBs

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    Here are a few

some FWBs

Two wobbleys

More FWBs
    Excellent kit, thanks for sharing.

Well this thread seems to have gone down like a lead balloon, hundreds of members visit this section who must collectively own thousands of guns, yet only TWO responses?

Well this thread seems to have gone down like a lead balloon, hundreds of members visit this section who must collectively own thousands of guns, yet only TWO responses?
    I thought that infact i was going to delete my post cos nobody else was playing

Lightbulb photo gallery

Would like to show you mine,but cam"t get pictures up, will keep trying Sproat.

hope these work its my oldest rifle a diana 25 pre-war in 177
    brian
    Last edited by anightrains; 09-07-2012 at 07:40 PM.

The Arrow

Not a nice air pistol really. They were sold for $NZ27 in the early '80s. Half of them seemed to be faulty.I sent a carton of them to the late great Myron Kasok who traded them to the natives(other US airgun collectors)for their goodies! ;-)

Lovely wood on that Diana Brian.

Here's one of mine, FWB 150T, and a top down shot showing off the curvy butt section.

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    Lovely wood on that Diana Brian.

Here's one of mine, FWB 150T, and a top down shot showing off the curvy butt section.
    now ive seen yours i will have to get the polish out

Maybe, like me many thought that a photo gallery would be an excellent idea but that setting up and maintenance of something like that could prove difficult. If not, I would certainly welcome this as an definate improvement to this already great site.

Regards

Brian

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by trevor1 View Post
    Not a nice air pistol really. They were sold for $NZ27 in the early '80s. Half of them seemed to be faulty.I sent a carton of them to the late great Myron Kasok who traded them to the natives(other US airgun collectors)for their goodies! ;-)
    Thanks for that Trev. It looks like my speculations about this pistol were well out. Strange that you found them to be crap as mine performs reasonably well - perhaps it has been given some remedial treatment. Still an interesting example of the few attempts made to model an air pistol on a military pattern.

Hi All One obtained from the local auction house[URL="http://s1051.photobucket.com/albums/s424/daveh18
    Regards Daveh
    Last edited by daveh; 10-07-2012 at 07:28 PM.
    If you dont do it today, you might not be able to do it tomorrow!