Thread: Falcon Optics T50 10-50x60 Field Target Rifle Scope

Thumbs up Falcon Optics T50 10-50x60 Field Target Rifle Scope

Got the ft bug again, got me a BSA R10 mk2, topped with the falcon t50 scope, didnt rush into the purchase of the scope as the bsa already came with one, read the threads and links on here and decided on the t50. Promptly ordered from uttings (brilliant service ). Fitted no problems really , had to put a shim under rear of scope where it sits in the mount. This was really to give me more elevation adjustment with the top dial.Zeroed it in no problem, set the parallax up in modest lighting conditions and have rechecked it under differing conditions and so far am really impressed the way it sharply comes in and out of focus at the various ranges.
    I will recheck and confirm the settings before probably engraving the side wheel with more permanent lines which i can paint in different colours going away from the initial zero.I am quite impressed with the sight picture over the magnification range, and will also check if lower magnification has any effect on the range readings from the point of , will there be a difference if ranged at lower magnifications. The construction and build of the scope are most impresive, the dial cl
    icks seem nice and positive. The only thing i have found that i would like to change is the mildot reticle, i really love the sr12 and if the scope came with that one i think it would be a really complete package.

sounds nice... any chance of some pics? I'm looking for a scope for FT shooting... still researching.

Thanks

SP

They are nice scopes, and the after service is great, the lens cap broke on mine, a quick email and the replacement was sent free the next day. They do need shimming or adjustable mounts to get the best from them. The large "Harris" wheel from falcon is also very well made, light and fits perfectly. If your buying new. I have noticed that falcon have a evilbay account and see scope and large wheel at very good prices.
    Set Bazookoids to kill stuff and mount. We're going in!

Part two

Had to return the scope, very disappointed , magnification got very tight when the weather dropped colder, eventually it got unusable, returned it under warranty and got a refund. Don't know what to go for now, any recommendations.

What do you mean re the magnification, I am having problems range finding with mine. What were they like about returning it.

ouch

Could be that the shim under the rear mount contributed to the problem.

Never pack or shim , buy adjustable mounts instead as shimming puts all kinds of stress
    on the mono tube,.

The other benefit in using adjustable scope mounts is if you use them from new you
    can zero your scope on the mounts and thus keeping the scope optically centered .

The range finding ability of a scope can diminish if the optics are a long way off being
    optically centered.

You can re center your optics .

Sportsmatch do great adjustable mounts.

sean.

tight magnification adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by fudge-1200 View Post
    What do you mean re the magnification, I am having problems range finding with mine. What were they like about returning it.
    the magnification went very tight in cold weather,eventually it refused to move at all, it was nothing to do with the shim fitted under the scope as for the previous months it had been fine, i returned it to uttings , they sent it back to the scope manufactorer who ok'd the credit for it.