Thread: First boinger recommendations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

First boinger recommendations

Hi all., its been a very very long while!!
    How ya all doing???

Im buying a rifle for my boy to start shooting, id like to get him a simple break barrel which is easy to cock and is a great learning rifle but a rifle which he can keep and could use when he's an adult so something of quality.

what's out there now I've not looked for years!!!

Thanks in advance
    R.
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

If I were to buy a nice modern junior rifle for someone who would treasure it I would get a Hw30k and stick a Meopta 4x32 on it.

You don't say how big he is now, but a Weihrauch HW30S (kit with scope) or K would be a good start. I can handle one as well quite happily, and I'm in my mid-forties. The kit variant has an ok basic scope and comes in at about £250. Threaded for a mod too (comes with a muzzle weight). Failing that maybe upgrade the scope/mounts over time. Only complaint I had was mounts weren't tight enough out the box. As its around 7 or 8 ft/lbs, .177 is probably best. Current version has checkering/stippling.
    Last edited by ashf9999; 15-06-2023 at 01:14 AM.

Hey Rhys; how wonderful to hear from you again.

I hope you and the family are all in good fettle.

As above, the HW30S. Lightweight, easy to cock, superb barrel, fantastic Rekord trigger, superb firing manners. Very accurate and easy to access accuracy. And able to "grow with the shooter". Many of us grown ups love them as they're so special and enjoyable. There might be an anti-galling fix to perform, but it's a small price to pay for this otherwise perfect little jewel of a rifle.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Wow, nice to here from you mate, it's been a long time.

As others have said, a HW30s, a great rifle for sure.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Hi Rhys
    Glad you are still around
    If it fits him I would look at an HW99. Last him a lifetime
    Pete

Hi mate welcome back

I would say the Cometa 220 as Ive been pleasantly surprised by the quality of these Cometas and a lifetime warranty from the importer, the 100 is a good youth gun set at 6ftlb and is easy to use with super light cocking, the 220 is a better choice if your thinking of adult usage and an adjustable trigger.

Just enjoy whatever you get him, happy days

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars