Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: after a 6ft lb semi auto pistol?

Quote Originally Posted by flatrajectory View Post
    The Crosman 600 can be fitted with a longer inner barrel very easily so that you can attach a silencer, and with the longer barrel can give 6 ft.lbs.
    PETE.
    As shown in PISTOLS PICCY
    ULTIMATE KING RATTY ::.22 SMK QB78DL HYBRID::+QB78 D/L .25 Cal ::850 AIRMAGNUM::PISTOLS- :22 Cal Weihrauch HW80K Tactical::RAM 68 :-)

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Steyr LP50!
    The Drulov is ok but not as accurare and power varies with temp, I have both but the Steyr is King.

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

I was out at my local .22 rifle and pistol club (rimfire), and while they were shoting 50 rifle, I had set up 4 bamboo canes with aluminium cans set onto them and I was blatting away at 6yds with my Walther CP99, and that was fair spinning them around and punching holes in them, I then changed over to my Alecto and that was bouncing them all over the place and that was only with one pump!

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by airgunman View Post
    crossman 600 owners manual

Mechanism type: Semi-Automatic, CO2 actuated blow back

Weight: 2 lbs. 10 ozs. with one loaded powerlet.

Overall Length: 9-5/8"

Overall Height: 6"

Magazine Capacity: 10 (11) shots

Sights: Fully adjustable open rear sight, windage moves 7/32" per click at 25 feet; elevation moves 3/16" per click at 25 feet. Under cut ramp front sight 1/10" wide.

Sight Radius: 8 3/4" along a grooved rib and receiver.

Barrel length: 5 1/16"

Rifling: 6 lands, R.H. twist, one turn in 16", button rifled. Groups 3/4" at 25 feet.

Trigger squeeze: 3-4 pounds.

power source: One 12.3 gram CO2 Cylinder, 900 P.S.I. at 72 deg. No appreciable velocity loss between shots of rapid fire string.

Number Shots per Powerlet: Up to 40.

Muzzle Velocity: 340 f/p/s at 72 deg.

Muzzle Energy: 2 foot pounds

Projectile: 14.3 grains. 22 cal. pellet

14.3 grain pellet @ 340fps is 3.67ft/lds.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink......sighs!

Why ask a question if you will not hear the answers? My last post on this thread.

Roy.
    Last edited by Retracted_Yeti; 08-08-2012 at 11:37 PM.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Havelock Vetinari View Post
    You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink......sighs!

Why ask a question if you will not hear the answers? My last post on this thread.

Roy.
    mate dont get like that being that it says it in the service manual. strange why it would say 2ftlbs when it isent

Quote Originally Posted by willie the pimp View Post
    I assume that this is the gun you are talking about:

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Evanix...Master_AR6/961

Does anyone in the UK sell these?
    Yes that's the baby. He has had the gun for a while now.
    I know that Brocock did at one time import some Evanix guns under their name, but don't any more.
    I'm not aware of any Evanix importer at present.

Regards O.T

Evanix

Quote Originally Posted by offtarget View Post
    Yes that's the baby. He has had the gun for a while now.
    I know that Brocock did at one time import some Evanix guns under their name, but don't any more.
    I'm not aware of any Evanix importer at present.

Regards O.T
    Thanks O.T

The customer reviews on that page give pause for thought:

Quote Originally Posted by willie the pimp View Post
    Thanks O.T

The customer reviews on that page give pause for thought:

Yes, I see what you mean.
    But at 30FPE it was probably a totally different beast to fire than the one I did at sub 6FPE.

Regards O.T

Quote Originally Posted by offtarget View Post
    Yes, I see what you mean.
    But at 30FPE it was probably a totally different beast to fire than the one I did at sub 6FPE.

Regards O.T
    Fair point. In any case if the gun is not available in the UK it's all a bit academic.

I shall stick to my underpowered but hugely enjoyable Tanfoglio Witness 1911.

Cheers,

W. the P.
    "...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    There aren't many, but don't get hung up on power, its not really useful in an air pistol.
    Wise words.
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    UK-legal air pistols have to be UNDER 6 fpe, don't they?
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Ft lb ?

Quote Originally Posted by airgunman View Post
    mate dont get like that being that it says it in the service manual. strange why it would say 2ftlbs when it isent
    Never seen any old US airguns from this era quote ft lb energy. All my 600 paperwork does not mention it.The shooters were just not interested in it and would not know what you were talking about. All shooters in those days were only intersted in muzzle velocity including all of us who were around in those days in the UK. The interest in ft lb was only introduced by UK legislation and the law not at shooters request. The US especially were not concerned in ft lb of airguns 40 to 50 years ago.

Baz

Spanish supplier

http://www.aceros-de-hispania.com/gb...g=pistolas-co2

Have a look on this site, this is where I buy my guns from. I'm not sure if they post abroad I'm also not sure if they are UK legal, you'd need to check that out for yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Never seen any old US airguns from this era quote ft lb energy. All my 600 paperwork does not mention it.The shooters were just not interested in it and would not know what you were talking about. All shooters in those days were only intersted in muzzle velocity including all of us who were around in those days in the UK. The interest in ft lb was only introduced by UK legislation and the law not at shooters request. The US especially were not concerned in ft lb of airguns 40 to 50 years ago.

Baz
    I have seen the figure on Crosman paper work in the past, can't remember where as I have had a few 600's, but it definitely was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Minuteman View Post
    I have seen the figure on Crosman paper work in the past, can't remember where as I have had a few 600's, but it definitely was there.

I have 600 and 677 paperwork and workshop manual, does not mention it. I bet that any ft lb mentioned has been worked out by a user, probably in the UK. The US guys would not have worried about it as there are no restrictions. I have been shooting for over 50 years and the 600 was made from 1960 to 1970. Airgun shooters never spoke of ft lb energy in those days, and thats when the 600 literature was printed. Only when I came back to the UK to live in 1994 I heard of all this energy business. I will send you £20 if you can show me the original Crosman paperwork quoting this, and will be glad to do it to add to my collection.

http://www.co2airguns.net/collection...0600/index.htm