Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sussex Interclub HFT Round 10 - THE BIG ONE! Sunday 9th September

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)

Sussex Interclub HFT Round 10 - THE BIG ONE! Sunday 9th September

Hi All

Seconds out .... Round 10; and what an end-of-season round in prospect.

While we have one 1st place - in the Recoiling/.22 class - already decided and one other 1st - in Open - fairly secure, pretty much all other trophies are up for grabs.

I have just (yesterday) forwarded to the SIHFT web-meister a full listing of the individual results, complete with the score you stand to 'drop' if you happen to beat it at this final round. It's this which has the potential to move you up the results table and in to a trophy place

Yes folks, there's a lot to play for, and we are ready for a very FULL turn out from all clubs. I'm half expecting several coach loads from both the Oaks and Buxted, in the hunt for the highly coveted Team Trophy; only FOUR POINTS in it

And all this excitement will be hosted by Swallows Field Target Club at our site just over a mile south of Lewes. For any of you who've not visited us before, HERE is a link to a google earth map. Note that most sat navs do have the farm lane (The Droveway) leading down to the club and car park in their databases. For anyone without such technical whizardry and approaching from east or west along the A27, take the Kingston Village exit (traffic light controlled roundabout) and drive in to and through the village until you get to a T-junction. Turn right (south) and then left a hundred yards or so after passing the garden centre. As you approach the bottom of the lane, take the left turn down to our club house, where parking will be in the main field.

As usual, the competition should start at 10:00, immediately following a safety briefing, which you must attend if you're intending to enter.

Gates open at 08:00(ish) with booking in commencing at 09:00.

Food (breakfast before and burgers after the comp.) will be on offer, as well as hot and cold drinks.

SHOOT FEES - £4 for all Juniors (age under 18); £6 for older visitors, £5 older Swallows FTC club members.

And finally, which I shall repeat during the shoot briefing, my two usual warnings :

1. Regardless of the farmer's effort in the car park area (I'm hoping he cuts the nettles and grass soon, otherwise you may not find your car after the shoot ) and our members' attempt to clear paths and lanes in the woods, I strongly recommend you bring shooting mats and/or wear suitably head-to-toe nettle-proof clothing. Rule 7 will certainly be invoked for anyone choosing to turn up in shorts and t-shirts.

2. Remember that the site is shared with people fishing who pay our landlord more than we do. Respect the request for peace and calm - or at least keep your frustrations and/or joys muffled.

Thanks, and look forward to seeing a great turn-out on Sunday.

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Looking forward to it already !

I think Derek is away at the moment so it may take a while for the table to go up on the SiHFT site

Mog is offline Mog has so much potential but does not apply himself fully.
    St Hilaire du Harcouët, Lower Normandy/East Sussex

Thumbs up

One of my favourite clubs to shoot at, can't wait.
    Truttemer Tir Club

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité

Round 10

So...How many points are needed for Ford to win?
    Save time, see it my way

http://www.ford-hft.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Herp View Post
    So...How many points are needed for Ford to win?
    More than we should considering we are the only club to have 3 individuals in the top 10! Work that out then
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Steve L View Post
    I think Derek is away at the moment so it may take a while for the table to go up on the SiHFT site
    Ah In that case I'd better try to get a few of them posted here. Here are the top of the table results. Wish I could figure out a way of improving the readability of results posted on the BBS (properly tabulated), but never found how (or if at all possible)

Info presented is Name, Club, Total % score of best 6 rounds, lowest of their top 6 scores and current place.

Starting with the Junior (13-16 age) Class

Rudy Goldslade Oaks 509.35% 79.66% 1
    James Parnell Horsham 486.51% 75.86% 2
    (there are youngsters in 3rd and 4th places, but they've shot fewer than the 6 rounds necessary to achieve a trophy score)

Primary Class (under 13s)

Ryan Stenna is on his own in this one with a Total of 532.77% (lowest 84.48%), so is guaranteed the Primary Trophy

Recoiling/.22 class

Pat Fitzgerald Ford 547.17% 86.44% 1
    Kim Lum Buxted 441.87% 62.71% 2
    Eli McCullough Swallows 413.51% 59.26% 3
    Dave Walden Swallows 384.92% 0.00% 4
    Conrad Wells Buxted 381.72% 57.41% 5

Dave W has so far only shot in 5 rounds, hence the ZERO available to 'drop'

And finally, the Open Class - places 1st to 7th shown here, as it's only at that level there remains potential to reach 3rd place

Charles Peal Oaks 592.91% 96.30% 1
    Sam Robinson Buxted 586.01% 93.22% 2
    Eric Bynum Horsham 580.94% 93.10% 3
    Tony Archer Iden Fern 579.49% 94.83% 4
    Steve Light Horsham 579.49% 93.22% 4
    Richard Chase Ford 579.21% 94.83% 6
    Bob Pattenden Oaks 577.62% 91.53% 7

Hope this helps enlighten the pot hunters

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    More than we should considering we are the only club to have 3 individuals in the top 10! Work that out then
    Agreed ..... but your next is in 34th place.

Chin up

Biggles

Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    Agreed ..... but your next is in 34th place.

Chin up

Biggles
    WRONG ...... 20th ignoring classes and counting Pat in Recoiling.

Buxted are well past their sell by date now!
    I think they have proved today that whilst they can set a decent course, they can't shoot for toffee!

Lets just pray for wind cos their isn't a Hobbit that has the sphericals to aim outta the kill!

Bring it on girls and we shall give you a spanking! XX
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by hawk1 View Post

nice one for that, bloody tabs useless

cheers rik
    Never pull the trigger unless you know
    you are going to hit what you are aiming at.

i can't see itoff the link.. tbought it was because i was on.my phone..

Quote Originally Posted by hawk1 View Post
    Thanks Derek, much better

If one of our beloved Moderators happens to spot this and can enlighten me in the ways of enabling the use of tabs to better present scores in a 'normal' post, I'd really appreciate it.

Biggles

Alegazmoz is offline Southern Hunter Burger Tester
    A much needed holiday will impede my attendance.
    Whatever the outcome, I hope everyone has a great day.
    Untill the end-do at ours.
    Soss.

So Pleased to see the Oakies

So Pleased to see the Oakies at the Air Arms Shoot being that it was GAY PRIDE CARNIVAL

Fat lady will be singing Sunday, and it will be more like weeping willows than mighty oaks ha ha !

Quote Originally Posted by blackscale View Post
    Buxted are well past their sell by date now!
    I think they have proved today that whilst they can set a decent course, they can't shoot for toffee!

Lets just pray for wind cos their isn't a Hobbit that has the sphericals to aim outta the kill!

Bring it on girls and we shall give you a spanking! XX
    "If you are not living on the edge you are taking up too much room!."