Thread: Parallax Error ??????????

Parallax Error ??????????

Right please be gentle....

When shooting HFT I seem to hit all or nearly all of the 18 yard plus kill zones but struggle with the 8 10 12 ones..

So last night I set up targets at 8 10 12 14 16 and 18....

Guns (Platinum With a Lightsteam scope and a MK4IS with a Mamba lite) Both guns zeroed at 25 yards..

I had previously tested and written down all my aim points at these ranges but was keen to make sure they were spot on ready for Sundays shoot...

Started with the Platinum at 8 yards.. Height was right but impact point around 10 mill to the right..

10 Yards. Again height was right but impact point around 7 mill to the right

12 Yards.. Height right impact point 4 mill to the right.

14 16 And 18 were spot on and impact was dead centre.....

Swapped to the Mk4 and had same results except the impact points were slightly more central but still just over to the right until 14 16 and 18 where again they were spot on....

Guys at the club say parallax error....

Now I have heard this term but never understood what it means. One Chap said the artificial lighting ? So turned them off and it stayed the same !

Tried adjusting the cheek piece and butt pads but again no change.

So do I just shoot say 10 mill to left at 8 yards ect or should something be changed on the gun / scope set up ??

Sorry this is a bit long winded but the only way I can explain is how it happened

Thanks...

CF.
    Daystate Platinum Mk4 100/100 .Lightstream 4.5x14x44 FFP Daystate Mk4 I.S . EB Sniper. Daystate Panther . Lightstream 4.5x14x44 FFP

What are you doing at 40 & 45 yards, is it straight or off at all ?? Just wondered if you were going later on as well which would indicate a bit of crossover ??
    It could be a bit of PA error with the added blur on the closer ones though, or are you PA back down to those ranges, I have heard that adjusting the PA can adjust the POI in some scopes (shouldn't with the lightstream though as its FFP isn't it?)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve L View Post
    What are you doing at 40 & 45 yards, is it straight or off at all ?? Just wondered if you were going later on as well which would indicate a bit of crossover ??
    It could be a bit of PA error with the added blur on the closer ones though, or are you PA back down to those ranges, I have heard that adjusting the PA can adjust the POI in some scopes (shouldn't with the lightstream though as its FFP isn't it?)
    From 16 right out to 45 yards the gun is spot on.. I say gun as I have been at the range all afternoon trying to sort out what is going on..

I with the help of a Guy at the club have made adjustments to the butt pad on the Mk4 and now it seems to be spot on at all ranges ??

The Platinum however is still shooting slightly right ( Measured at 6 mill) at 8 yards them this comes in towards the centre at 10 yards ( 4mill) and at 12 yards 2 0r 3 mill. Then from there out to 45 its spot on.

On a 15 mill kill zone target I have worked out where the aim point needs to be at 8 10 and 12 yards so tomorrow will shoot it using these guide points and see what happens..

Thanks for the reply !!

CF.
    Daystate Platinum Mk4 100/100 .Lightstream 4.5x14x44 FFP Daystate Mk4 I.S . EB Sniper. Daystate Panther . Lightstream 4.5x14x44 FFP

20mm is the smallest kill you'd get @ 8 yards so I wouldn't worry, 15mm start @ 13 yards out to 25 yds

Hi might want to look at this site

Click on here

If you look down you will see parallax error.

Best Regards Sasquatch
    "If you are not living on the edge you are taking up too much room!."