Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tondu Air rifle Club - Bridgend / Neath / Swansea

Tondu Air rifle Club - Bridgend / Neath / Swansea

I thaught I would try and entice some more locals to come and shoot with like minded shooters, after all all you can do is learn and enjoy good compamny.

Tondu AR &FTC has always been a smallish club, which given the catchment area is somewhat surprising.
    I think the facilities have perhaps had a part in that and as such, over the last year or so I have pushed hard to try and improve things, so this is an up to date situation of things.

Firstly, we are not just a Field target club. Never have been.
    We have always been an Air Rifle and field target Club.
    As such, we have a practice /zero / plinking range that will suit all needs, various targets and boards from 8 - 55 yards at known ranges. you can srt up / check xero, then shoot a course or just plink on the range all day
    We have some members who are not so mobile, they set up fold out chairs and tables to shoot from.
    No need to worry about getting up and down from the ground.

We currently have a 30 shot practice Ft course out. This is set on the windy banks and the not so windy lower ponds, so it gives you a good all round practice course

In the coming weeks as the leaves fall and things become a bit more open, I am looking to set up a small HFT style course in the wood, probably around 15 targets

So, shooting wise there should be all you want.

After many years of trying for one, we now are under way in the construction of an all weather shooting shelter.
    So know there is no excuse not to go shooting when its raining. It is hoped to then add flood lights to the new shelter / zero range and thus we can still meet in the winter when its dark and shoot.

Ok we dont have the greatest "clubhouse" but you can make tea /coffe etc in there and have warm and a chat in the winter months.
    Planes are under way to further divide and improve the "clubhouse" (dont mention its a container) so that a better level of comfort and warmth is there for the coming winter months.

The fire road has always been a bit iffy. We did however spend alot of money having it graded last year and we now have members coming down in low profile cars. All you have to do is drive slowly. More maintenace is planned soon to take out the odd bump in the road, but its perfectly usable for cars.

Currently we meet Saturdays from about 9.30 - 12.30, can be later depending on the day

Wednesday is a new "club day" and again its depending on certain things, but generally from 2 - 7 at presnt, when it gets dark.

So, be great to see some new faces come down and join.
    Membership is just £33.50 a year!!
    Bugger all for a stunning and peacefull setting to enjoy safe air gun shooting with some of the countrys top shots and some of the countries nicest members.

no range fees.

We also do bulk pellet buying for members and probably can help you sort some new kit if you want to upgrade etc.

If you want to pop down let me know.

hope to see some new or even past visiters make a return soon.

simon
    Ostler Ev2 in Warren Edwards off set (Pope) + Prem ret x45 Comp Series luepold
    Oaktree FTC
    Air Arms XTi50 Test Pilot

Good day at Tondu

shooting shelter is coming on nicley and indeed, it was cristened today.

a 20 minute shower saw us use it for the first time lol

Perfect shooting conditions and with 18 of the practise targets out there was plenty to have a go at.

Just gutted it will be probably next Wednesday before we carry on!
    Oaktree FTC

Couple of questions,
    Do you have a list of club open days, or is it basically Saturday Mornings and Wednesday afternoons?
    Living Weston and working shifts finding somewhere to shoot other than Mendip is a problem, especially when you factor in family commitments, so either way would not be able to be a regular attender. have managed two shoots at the quarry, when time allowing conicided with an open shoot sunday.

Also where are you in Neath.

Cheers
    Paul
    AA S400 .177Leapers 4x16x56 swat accushot, HW97KT .177 hawke Varmit sf 2.5x10x44 , HW77K .22 V mached,mountmaster 4x12x50 50IR AO
    Mk 6 Airsporter .22 3x9 x40 AO, Walther Umarex CP99 .177

Quote Originally Posted by paul robbins View Post
    Couple of questions,
    Do you have a list of club open days, or is it basically Saturday Mornings and Wednesday afternoons?
    Living Weston and working shifts finding somewhere to shoot other than Mendip is a problem, especially when you factor in family commitments, so either way would not be able to be a regular attender. have managed two shoots at the quarry, when time allowing conicided with an open shoot sunday.

Also where are you in Neath.

Cheers
    Paul
    We are trying to make Wednesday a regualr mid week shooting day yes. If your struggling though drop me an e-mail / pm when you have time and want to shoot, we do meet in the week on other days yes but noting in stone as it is.
    The club is in Tondu, just off m4 Sarn services.

I am in Skewen
    Oaktree FTC

Will be at tondu Wednesday 1 - late.

Be great to see some new faces!
    Oaktree FTC

Hi, Si,
    It's, Gary, we went round Nelson together a couple of months ago, you very kindly invited me to visit Tondu to shoot but as yet I have not managed it, as a member of Castleton can I also join another WAFTA club such as Tondu or can I pay every time I visit as I really like the idea of the FT course being set out as more practice at FT comp targets is what I need. May see you at Oaktree.
    Regards, Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by fudge-1200 View Post
    Hi, Si,
    It's, Gary, we went round Nelson together a couple of months ago, you very kindly invited me to visit Tondu to shoot but as yet I have not managed it, as a member of Castleton can I also join another WAFTA club such as Tondu or can I pay every time I visit as I really like the idea of the FT course being set out as more practice at FT comp targets is what I need. May see you at Oaktree.
    Regards, Gary.
    Hi Gary,
    Yes you can be a meber of as many clubs as you want to.

I dont know what Castleton fees are but Tondu is £33.50 for the year.
    However, as £3.50 of that is for Bfta card and you already have one via Castleton you would only need to pay £30!

I think you pay a range fee at castleton too?
    None at tondu, so over a year its failry cheap shooting and of course you will have higher grade shooers to help you!

Shoot all day Wednesday (or at least when we turn up) and Saturday for free.

Recomend if you want tea / coffe bring your own Mug

I have a saturday off this coming weekend so will be at tondu from about 10 - whenever, probably about 4pm ish?
    Oaktree FTC

shall be at tondu from about 2pm onwards tomorrow
    Oaktree FTC

Tondu open Saturday morning 9.30 -midday ish
    Oaktree FTC

weather looks good for Wednesday.

Shall be there 10 -2.30pm myself.
    Oaktree FTC

Flannelmeister is offline If I'm not on here I'm in the shed
    .177 HW97K
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

I take it you enjoyed Sunday at Oaktree then Bear?
    Oaktree FTC

Flannelmeister is offline If I'm not on here I'm in the shed
    Well, the last few minutes after the gun was completely stripped, cleaned, relubed properly, reassembled and actually zeroed so I could hit something were pretty good
    .177 HW97K
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

Shall be at Tondu Wednesday 10 -2

Saturday 9.30 -2pm +
    Oaktree FTC

roughly where we are

Cf32 0ha
    Oaktree FTC