Thread: Baikal izh-46 problem

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    In the circumstances I've decided to send it back for rectification. I really don't feel competent in dismantling it myself unless it had turned out to be a straightforward fix.

Cheers for all the advice - I'd still be interested in any other thoughts or comments on the problem.

Kelvin

Let us know the results - I am interested in getting a target pistol and the IZH was on my possible list.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Ianxwin View Post
    Let us know the results - I am interested in getting a target pistol and the IZH was on my possible list.
    Ian
    No problem, once I get it back I'll let you know.

Kelvin

Still no news on this, but as soon as I hear anything I'll get it posted.

Kelvin

Bad news, I'm afraid. York Guns(the Baikal agent) have had the weapon to pieces and replaced the seals - but once re-assembled it still leaked. They are now looking for a replacement to send to me. The IZH-46 has such a good reputation - I suppose there had to be one lemon out there somewhere.
    In the meantime & to keep in practice, I've bought a second-hand Webley Alecto. Very accurate, and I've found it to be a much friendlier pistol, nowhere near as demanding as the IZH-46.

Kelvin

Quote Originally Posted by kneal View Post
    Bad news, I'm afraid. York Guns(the Baikal agent) have had the weapon to pieces and replaced the seals - but once re-assembled it still leaked. They are now looking for a replacement to send to me. The IZH-46 has such a good reputation - I suppose there had to be one lemon out there somewhere.
    In the meantime & to keep in practice, I've bought a second-hand Webley Alecto. Very accurate, and I've found it to be a much friendlier pistol, nowhere near as demanding as the IZH-46.

Kelvin
    Hmm, thats interesting...I was considering buying myself an IZH 46M.
    Think I'll wait awhile.
    Could you update us when you get a replacement.
    Cheers.

shame such a nice pistol what other options brand new proper 10m ssp pistols. prehaps look into getting it swapped for one.