Thread: Beeman peep sight...

Beeman peep sight...

Hi all

I had one of these given a few weeks ago and forgot about it!!

Anyhow, I came across it today so I wiped the dust off and tried it on my 1979 (13mm rails) HW35..

It fitted like a glove!! even though I can't find an appropriate allen key to tighten it!

I tried a 1.5mm which was too large, I have a set of imperial keys that go down to .050" (fifty thou) but haven't got a clue where i've put it

Well, it fits on the 35 but there's already an iron rear sight so I couldn't see much through it!!

it seems a well made thing, has anyone used one before??, Are they any good??

A couple of pics..

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Cheers, John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

A Williams Peep-Sight

John
    Its a williams peepsight with his name on it like most things, also sold on the sheridan and benjamin pump rifles albieit mounted differently and i think on the benjamin made sterlings, a quality item even by its original maker.
    rgds
    Ric

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by shabee View Post
    John
    Its a williams peepsight with his name on it like most things, also sold on the sheridan and benjamin pump rifles albieit mounted differently and i think on the benjamin made sterlings, a quality item even by its original maker.
    rgds
    Ric

Thanks Ric

Nice to have some info on it

I have a Silver Streak but as you said, it must mount differently as there's no rails!!

Cheers, John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

info

Hello John.
    The benjy and sheridan ones fasten on with a couple of small screws into the breech side, the sterling ones are like yours but with target knobs hence the product code of FP-AG-TK and the allen key size is 1.25mm or .049". Also i think they either made sights for, or bsa used one of the williams sights for one of the airsporter variations, and it was a kind of ramp sight, possibly you have one who knows.
    Glad to be of service, and anyway i have to "Knuckle down and contibute".
    rgds
    Ric
    Last edited by shabee; 06-10-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Bit of useless info, but the Williams 'peep' sight for the Sheridan Streak is the 5D-SH receiver peep sight.

NB. IJ is something of a Williams peep sight guru!
    Last edited by Herpquest; 06-10-2012 at 07:50 PM.
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

Yes, the Airsporter Williams sight was attached to the front of the dampamount which was angled to allow the sight to move up and down for elevation. I have an Airsporter carbine with one fitted, quite a nice setup.
    I would dearly love to get one of the peep sights as pictured by the OP.

You might find a suitably sized allen key from a model-car racing stockist. The allen key that I use is a 0.050-inch one made by Schumacher (not anything to do with Michael and Ralf Schumacher but I can't be sure!) that I got from a slot-car racing shop that used to be open around here.

Agree, thats a quality piece of kit. Have one on my Sheridan Silver Streak. enjoy.

Ive got one of the Beeman/Williams sports peep sights fitted to a HW77 http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...rent=HW77K.jpgwhich has an interchangeable element HW fore sight fitted. Theres also one on an Innova http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ent=Sharp1.jpg because its light weight is very suited to the rifle and far better than the original peep sight fitted. The rare one (6800) is that which used to be fitted to the 335S http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...=Ansch335S.jpg as standard were the securing screw goes downwards from the top and theres no moving dove tail.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...rent=peep1.jpg

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by fat man View Post
    Agree, thats a quality piece of kit. Have one on my Sheridan Silver Streak. enjoy.

Me too,Bought off the forum a couple of years ago for my pumper.Just have,nt got round to setting it up properly yet.

Mainly due to the fact that when I fitted it I realised a peep sight is useless to someone who has to wear reading glasses....DOH!!

Hi John,
    I use a Beeman peepsight on my favourite Webley Osprey and prefer it to a 'scope, nearly as accurate too (on a good day ).