Happy new year to you too Bob!
Last time there was a Tau discussion I believe the UK still had an importer. If so, they will not sell directly from factory.
According to the Tau website, Sureshot is their 'partner'. I assume they mean importer.
They come up every now and than on egun, but that doesnt help you guys as UK is not EU anymore. For sóme things, thats a downside
In the UK theyve always been expensive, even sechand.
I owned one of the first series Tau MK8. It is well made. I had an issue with my POI being too high. Solved it with a front sight shim.
Besides that, it had a very curious special airstripper. You could really féél the air blast on your hand
Never encountered that. But (because of that?) it was VERY dead to shoot. More than my Morini 162E.
Trigger felt almost like an E trigger, very clinical.
So it was a pistol with lots of potential, but with some start-up flaws.
Same goes for MK300. It has an ingenious adjustable sight system. And it shoulders and fits very natural and I can hold it still very well.
They just have to stop 'screwing around'with those filler plugs...They use 2 different plugs unfortunately, for the MK8 and 300. But you cant tell by eye which one is which.
First series were manufactured randomly so it seems. My MK300 I had to fill with the MK8 plug. The one delivered with it, only leaked its air.
But they dont seem to have noted anywhere which was made with which; I sold the MK8 so needed another plug for MK300 but they sent the wrong one. I guess I have to order a MK8 plug
Thats Tau. That REALLY is Tau. They make great stuff, but sometimes....lol
Finishing-off isnt the strong point of any czech company, which may cause issues with burrs on seals , regulator etc. (Had that with my Aeron Spider as well). So if yr really into serious shooting, you're better off with a more reliable brand I think.