Thread: Stainless Steel Umarex Beretta 92f

Stainless Steel Umarex Beretta 92f

I was at a local carboot sale yesterday and there was a man selling among other things what he said was a special edition Stainless steel Beretta 92f with fully adjustable sights. He wanted £200 for it. My question is did they actually make a 92F of stainless steel or is it just one of the nickel plated versions?

He also had a nice FWB 65 which I said he should sell on this forum as he only wanted £200 for it and they are worth more than that. Personally I don't carry that much cash around at a car boot.
    I did buy a Hawke 3-9x50 IR scope with mounts for £40 which has gone on my AA200 and the walther 3-9x40 which was on it has gone onto my HW 80 so I have had some fun sighting them both in.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

If it was a Umarex the earlier versions were much more shiney than the later matt versions.
    Also if it had the target sights they aren't made anymore and go for silly money sometimes.
    Might have been worth trying to beat him down on the price a bit if everything was working okay.

It didn't look very shiny but did have the target sight .
    I tried to knock him down on the scope but he wouldn't budge. I didn't have that sort of money on me and I didn't want the pistol that much. I have a CP88 and internally they are very similar.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Umarex made a limited edition PPC version that had a shiny nickel effect finish. None of there pistols are 'plated' its simply just a variety of finishes applied to the metal. The PCC's all had adjustable target sights - boxed and in good condition they are quite sought after and go for good money

Last edited by Ian; 01-12-2012 at 08:16 AM. Reason: spelling!

I used to have a PPC 92FS, great gun!! Wish I hadnt sold it now!! Was very shiney!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    I was at a local carboot sale yesterday and there was a man selling among other things what he said was a special edition Stainless steel Beretta 92f with fully adjustable sights. He wanted £200 for it. My question is did they actually make a 92F of stainless steel or is it just one of the nickel plated versions?

He also had a nice FWB 65 which I said he should sell on this forum as he only wanted £200 for it and they are worth more than that. Personally I don't carry that much cash around at a car boot.
    I did buy a Hawke 3-9x50 IR scope with mounts for £40 which has gone on my AA200 and the walther 3-9x40 which was on it has gone onto my HW 80 so I have had some fun sighting them both in.
    Only fairs I have been to down your way have big signs that say knives and air guns are banned !

Which one was it - refreshing to know they are not all closed minds down there !

Roy

It was the Chichester cattle market one on a Sunday afternoon. He didn't have them openly on display, they were in his car behind him

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    The black guns are a chemically applied/bonded surface finish (matt) or surface finish with clear laquer (gloss).
    The Nickel guns are plated, I have a rough one for parts development & testing which some chuff polished with a mop on a bench grinder, you can see where he went through the nickel on the edges and revealed the copper substrate.
    You can also see classic plating "shadows" inside the parts where the shape of the part and method of support in the baths has resulted in varying thicknesses of plating with the copper layer visible in places.
    The "Stainless" guns are a different surface layer but applied as with the Nickel guns, it's a shame they didn't make them from Stainless Steel, that would be a truly collectable gun!

- Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    ......it's a shame they didn't make them from Stainless Steel, that would be a truly collectable gun!

- Nick
    Absolutely

Highly unlikely though being as they appear to be moving towards cheaper manufacturing processes (and higher profit margins)

Oh well, thats progress I suppose