Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I Think I'll Stop Collecting Air Rifles .

Theoben Dual Magnum

Theoben Dual Magnum

Very rare. Apparently only 100 made. I have seen photo's of them but never seen one in the flesh. They are a classy looking gun. I hope you find one soon.

Are you in denial mattyboy? I count mine at 16 but only count complete ones which fire, projects in pieces are not airguns in my book, wifey thins differently and counts 25 guns in the collection
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Thought I'd resurrect this thread.

Although in my OP I said I had a total of 16 airguns, three more "came out of the woodwork" making a total of 19 !
    From those, I have sold 6 leaving current total of 13 (certain Gentlemen on here have benefitted from that process )

I really am now down to a hardcore 13 which no matter how I view it, I cannot see myself off-loading any more !
    Dont as yet feel the need/urge to collect anymore but who knows, maybe the up and coming MM Airgun Fayre may influence that ?

John.

ps, Charlie "Powderfinger" I owe you a new bottle of Ballistol by the way ! Hope to see you at the MM Fayre ?
    “An airgun or two”………

I know how you feel, I should of stopped at one, or maybe two. No, actually three was a rare one, well i should of stopped at three then. BUT the fourth one was a bargin.....

Argggg, always a bloody reason to buy another one.
    Daystate Huntsman mk11 .177 AA S200 .177, HW100KT .22 HW97k .22 HW85 .22 HW77 .22 Hw35 Lochshaft .22 Sharp innova .22 Feinwerkbau 127 .22 Diana series 70 model 79 .22

I have done really well this year so far

I have sold 5 air rifles from my collection and only added 4 to it

I'm reducing!!!

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

I just can't help it.

About 20 years ago I had a collection of more than 200 air guns (rifles and pistols) amassed over a period of many years. All of them were in very good/excellent condition and the collection included some very rare pieces.
    One day, fed up with constantly having to move them around (and taking some gyp from 'her indoors'), i decided to sell and got rid of the lot (well actually about 95%) in one deal. I have seriously regretted that decision ever since and will continue to rue that day.
    Needless to say, after less than a year of abstinence, the urge returned with a vengeance. I am much more restrained than I used to be but I have so far accumulated more than 60 examples and the number is rising every year.
    The plain fact is: if you are smitten, you are smitten and you just have to keep going. And why not I ask myself, I don't have to justify it to anybody. I never bought an air gun because I needed it but because I wanted it.
    By the way, I now tell 'her indoors' that they are investments and worth far more than money in the bank. For the time being she is happy with that!

I say get what you want when you can.
    Life is not a dress rehearsal.

Also airguns are pretty good investments when you add the fun factor.
    Remember £10000 in the building society earns you £200 pa if you are lucky.
    Less tax gives you £160.

Hardly a difficult sum to beat by selling the odd gun or two.

Also you are not giving the financial institutions or the Government your money.
    Just financing us all on here and keeping our hobby going.

If you do lose a bit you have to say that was the cost of renting that gun for a couple of years.

If you still worry take up golf and see what that costs you.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post

Less tax gives you £160.

Also you are not giving the financial institutions or the Government your money.

If you do lose a bit you have to say that was the cost of renting that gun for a couple of years.

Ooooohhh soooooo agree!
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post

Less tax gives you £160.

Yep, that about sums it up.

On the other hand, £10k in the building society sounds pretty good right now too!
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Blimey, 91 and 200, blimey moses - I thought I had a few too many and I have less than the fingers (minus thumbs) on my hands in total, a few of them I have owned for 30+ years - all are Airsporters, well with exception to my Mercury (and in .22) which is as near an Airsporter as is possible.
    I have a couple of rifles that are deffo keepers, I also have a couple which are not but I cannot bring myself to part with them as I have owned them for so long.
    Is there any hope to this madness?
    John mate, you cannot have 13 in your collection (it's unlucky) You have to get one more! (or one less )
    And you tried to tempt me with a couple of your beauties recently - you little temptress you!

Airsporterman

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporterman View Post
    Blimey, 91 and 200, blimey moses - I thought I had a few too many and I have less than the fingers (minus thumbs) on my hands in total, a few of them I have owned for 30+ years - all are Airsporters, well with exception to my Mercury (and in .22) which is as near an Airsporter as is possible.
    I have a couple of rifles that are deffo keepers, I also have a couple which are not but I cannot bring myself to part with them as I have owned them for so long.
    Is there any hope to this madness?
    John mate, you cannot have 13 in your collection (it's unlucky) You have to get one more! (or one less )
    And you tried to tempt me with a couple of your beauties recently - you little temptress you!

Airsporterman
    Looked at the 13 that remain and as I said, I cant see myself selling any ! Maybe I should "buy just one more" just so's its not unlucky like !

John.
    “An airgun or two”………

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Looked at the 13 that remain and as I said, I cant see myself selling any ! Maybe I should "buy just one more" just so's its not unlucky like !
    John.
    Go for it John, you know it makes sense!
    I would be still tempted by your RB2 but I suspect it's one of your keepers, also a nice Centenary Airsporter, I just cannot justify to myself buying any more rifles than I have at the moment - I should try selling some, perhaps I would feel differently?
    The Centenary is a nice rifle but they attract silly 'collector' prices, additionally, in my opinion, there is no Airsporter better than a good Mk1, I am lucky to have two + a 'project' Mk1 I intend to upgrade with some 'bling', strip/refurb, re-blue and a one off custom stock (on deer stalker rifle lines) when I have the time and facilities.

Airsporterman

91 ? Thats a right arsenal think I'm just a beginer at 12.I'm going to build a rifle rack for mine that will take said 12 then I can't buy any more can I ?

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporterman View Post
    Go for it John, you know it makes sense!
    I would be still tempted by your RB2 but I suspect it's one of your keepers, also a nice Centenary Airsporter, I just cannot justify to myself buying any more rifles than I have at the moment - I should try selling some, perhaps I would feel differently?
    The Centenary is a nice rifle but they attract silly 'collector' prices, additionally, in my opinion, there is no Airsporter better than a good Mk1, I am lucky to have two + a 'project' Mk1 I intend to upgrade with some 'bling', strip/refurb, re-blue and a one off custom stock (on deer stalker rifle lines) when I have the time and facilities.

Airsporterman

The .22 RB2 has gone but not the .177. That one however, I'd "struggle" to part with for reasons I think I've already told you ?

John.
    “An airgun or two”………

Whoops. another gun gone, total now 12 !

John.
    “An airgun or two”………