Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Melbourne Marksmen Airgun Fayre this summer

I liked Pete's C9A, as well. It was in my line of sight all that time and it was up for sale at a very fair price. Good stock and quality sights. Only the fact that my cabinets are already full of guns stopped me from buying it...

That sort of brings me to a point that strikes me at every airgun fair; that beginning shooters turn up at clubs with the latest rifle from Turkey or the far east but many of them would get far better value by buying an older air-rifle that was built to a high standard and will hold it's secondhand value long into the future.

It is a point I always mention to parents looking to get their youngster involved with shooting.

Once again, a great day out and it was terrific to meet so many great people who commit so much to our hobby. In particular, it was a privilege to meet David Hughes again; his important contributions to airgunning are not widely appreciated.

Fascinating things that I saw at the fair:

Pete's Sheridan C-model
    That engraved Light Pattern - blimey!
    Those BSA tankards!
    The poppy appeal plaque that Eddie made for Grayling
    Don Blocksidge engraved Webley pistols
    BAM AK47-lookylikey
    Gat pistols in a custom made display case
    Weihrauch books of matches!! But then Weihrauch does mean "Holy Smoke"...
    Last edited by Powderfinger; 17-06-2013 at 05:59 PM. Reason: addition

Many thanks to all involved in putting the Fayre together and helping it run smoothly. I really enjoyed the day.
    There were a couple of items that would have been heading for Wales if I had had the funds available. I had my financial advisor with me so I only spent a small amount however it was on something that I needed. Sold a couple of items on the Bring & Buy stall though. Enjoyed the competitions too and the burgers. I am hoping that this will become an annual event.
    Looking forward to Walton Lions event on the 7th July.

atb
    dogsbody

Quote Originally Posted by dogsbody View Post
    Many thanks to all involved in putting the Fayre together and helping it run smoothly. I really enjoyed the day.
    There were a couple of items that would have been heading for Wales if I had had the funds available. I had my financial advisor with me so I only spent a small amount however it was on something that I needed. Sold a couple of items on the Bring & Buy stall though. Enjoyed the competitions too and the burgers. I am hoping that this will become an annual event.
    Looking forward to Walton Lions event on the 7th July.

atb
    dogsbody
    See you there!

Poppy Appeal

I have just received the figures from Chris for the money raised on the day £686.50
    So a huge thank you to all

Chris will be making a presentation to the Royal British Legion Management and hopefully we will get some press coverage of this also.

He has asked me to say thanks to the BBS guys for their help and kind comments on the day and all the positive e-mails he has received. (He's a bit of a softy really)

ATB

John
    hold me back !!

Thumbs up

That's absolutely brilliant £686.50 to the RBL poppy fund, and a lot of pleasure for airgun enthusiasts, indeed a worthwhile venture, ...mike...

Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
    I have just received the figures from Chris for the money raised on the day £686.50

Chris will be making a presentation to the Royal British Legion Management and hopefully we will get some press coverage of this also.

He has asked me to say thanks to the BBS guys for their help and kind comments on the day and all the positive e-mails he has received. (He's a bit of a softy really)

ATB

John
    Blimey, nearly £700 is a very impressive total. Well done John, Chris etc! I was sorry not to be there, but glad to hear it went so well.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post

ATB

John
    Fantastic and well done all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Blimey, nearly £700 is a very impressive total. Well done John, Chris etc! I was sorry not to be there, but glad to hear it went so well.
    Thanks Danny. I think quite a few local visitors came just to look at some of these older air rifles/pistols that some owned in their younger days.

At least 3 older gentlemen came to my stand just to look at and handle a Webley Senior and a Mk1 that I had for sale and to discuss these old pistols that dated back to the 50's when they were boys. No sale, but I am sure they enjoyed thinking back to happier times in their youth and it was good to see.
    Hope to see you at our next one.
    ATB
    John
    hold me back !!

Thumbs up

Great result, It will be £700 once I've paid my bit to Chris.

Three photos here showing some of the tables prior to opening.

What a good day out,so much better than the NMM arms fair and a lot less entrance money to see more airguns. with a lot of the guns up for sale at fair prices. l just had to buy the Setra, a big thank you to all who helped to put this together and l hope it becomes an annual event, with the RBL the richer by almost £700 well done to all.
    sorry l didn't see you Ed and l went around twice, l will not be seeing you at Malvern any more as we have now moved to Linconshire, but it was nice to see the BSA Light Pat in its case.
    regards
    Mick,

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Fantastic result !
    So glad to be a part of it.. Roll on next year !

Brider.
    “An airgun or two”………

Poppy appeal

Hi All

The local agent for the Poppy appeal will be attending the club this Thurs evening and Chris will be presenting him/her with the cheque for the £700 raised on Sunday

Members and non members are invited - Chip butties for all at 9pm

ATB
    John
    hold me back !!

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by micky View Post
    What a good day out,so much better than the NMM arms fair and a lot less entrance money to see more airguns. with a lot of the guns up for sale at fair prices. l just had to buy the Setra, a big thank you to all who helped to put this together and l hope it becomes an annual event, with the RBL the richer by almost £700 well done to all.
    sorry l didn't see you Ed and l went around twice, l will not be seeing you at Malvern any more as we have now moved to Linconshire, but it was nice to see the BSA Light Pat in its case.
    regards
    Mick,
    Get some specs...I was along the wall opposite the entrance, Charlie was first in the row, Pete next (lots of C02 pistols) then me

Will miss our chats at the fleamarket mate, and comparing our finds, It won't seem the same ....you will have to let me know if there are any good'uns where you are now...I am up for a 4 hour drive just to get there early and beat you to a bargain (for once!).

That said, at least I might find more at Malvern now

All the best mate, hope you had a trouble free relocation, and meet some interesting types in your new home.

All the very best,

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Get some specs...I was along the wall opposite the entrance, Charlie was first in the row, Pete next (lots of C02 pistols) then me

Will miss our chats at the fleamarket mate, and comparing our finds, It won't seem the same ....you will have to let me know if there are any good'uns where you are now...I am up for a 4 hour drive just to get there early and beat you to a bargain (for once!).

That said, at least I might find more at Malvern now

All the best mate, hope you had a trouble free relocation, and meet some interesting types in your new home.

All the very best,

Eddie
    Hi Ed
    l must take these specs back and tell them they don't work. l spoke to Charlie and Karl perharps you where in the loo when l walked past.
    yes l too are going to miss our chats that was one of the highlights of Malvern, at least its one less to compeat against for the bargains
    we had a trouble free move in the end and have setteled in well, l have not been able to go anywhere at the moment apart from B&Q to many jobs to do.
    anyway good luck at Malvern in the future mate.
    regards,
    Mick.