Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Melbourne Marksmen Airgun Fayre this summer

Sounds it`s gonna be a good day!

Just make way at the bar!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    Cut'n'pasted from post #1 of this thread...

The Melbourne Marksmen Airgun Fayre will take place on Sunday the 16th June at 11.30 am.
    (Also see post 36)

I see, so how many miles from England is that then?

Airgun Fayre

Don't forget to bring one or two older air rifles for the bell target competition

There will also be a duck shoot with our specially adapted CO2 club rifle
    Prizes for all competitions

Summary of details for the fayre are shown on our club website.

Link in all my posts
    John
    hold me back !!

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
    Don't forget to bring one or two older air rifles for the bell target competition
    There will also be a duck shoot with our specially adapted CO2 club rifle
    Prizes for all competitions
    Summary of details for the fayre are shown on our club website.
    Link in all my posts
    John
    Hello John, I will be bringing the rusty model D, or another one I am working on for the Vintage bell, A Mercury or Meteor for the Classic bell, and my TX with open sights for the "any gun" bell

The c02 sounds intriguing

ATB, Ed

Apologies for the late response, and many thanks to those who have sent me some lists. I've had no internet since last Thursday, hence the late response.

I'll start a new thread with some details, internet willing, to save the info getting lost in this thread.

Happy shooting, and thanks once again to those who replied to my earlier request.

bring and buy table

Don't forget there will be a Bring and Buy table. So if you have a rifle or pistol for sale then bring it along
    Please put a tag on the gun with details of gun, price and your mobile number
    Thanks

John
    hold me back !!

Fayre

John - Is it doors unlocked @ 11/30 or will there be any comps beginning earlier in the day.
    The currency for Wisdom is Respect. So please do not enter a transaction if you do not have the means to pay

Quote Originally Posted by leadhead View Post
    John - Is it doors unlocked @ 11/30 or will there be any comps beginning earlier in the day.
    The late start is to allow anyone travelling north to call at the BM Museum Arms Fayre on the way to our Fayre (hopefully they won't be spent up).

The doors will be opened earlier to give those selling, time to set up, but the general public will enter at 11.30am

I think we will probably kick off the indoor comps. at the same time. We will need to set up a computer and printer to monitor scores/winners etc

It would be nice to kick off the comps. a bit earlier but we are limited for space between the shooting area and the sales area. However if possible we will start the outdoor duck shoot earlier. I will discuss at the club and I will keep you posted

John
    hold me back !!

Well, after reading this thread i will try to get there if its only to drool over the for sale counters, will fetch a mk11 service in .25 for a go at the duck shoot etc for the fun of it, there is a booby prize isnt there?
    Will see if i can find anyone else up for the trip. john
    snarepeg.

Duck shoot

Quote Originally Posted by duomatic410 View Post
    Well, after reading this thread i will try to get there if its only to drool over the for sale counters, will fetch a mk11 service in .25 for a go at the duck shoot etc for the fun of it, there is a booby prize isnt there?
    Will see if i can find anyone else up for the trip. john
    Hi don't want you shooting our ducks to bits. The shoot is with our modified PCP cork gun. Do bring your gun anyway and have a go at the Bell Target.
    See you there.
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

Sorry Pete.
    Mind went awol reading it, saying that the corks could??produce more ft/lb, could you enlarge the bell target holes, and slant them to allow for a plunging shot? john
    snarepeg.

Corks

You have a vivid imagination. You belong in the Melbourne Marksmen! we are all a little "different"
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

competitions

Quote Originally Posted by leadhead View Post
    We had a look last night at the possibility of screening off the Sales Area so that anyone arriving before 11.30 could do some bell target shooting

It does look as though this is feasible so we will kick off the bell target comps. earlier at 11 am

Also we have a member who is prepared to run a pistol competition -freestyle shooting.
    2 Classes (gas/spring). So bring your own pistol or use one of ours

All proceeds from the Fayre (entries/tables/comps/raffle etc) will go to the Royal British Legion

John
    hold me back !!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Dunkley View Post
    You have a vivid imagination. You belong in the Melbourne Marksmen! we are all a little "different"
    Peter, thank you for that (vivid amagination bit) and different i am, hard of hearing (very) eye sight not what it was and havnt shot at targets competition wise since the early 50s (303).

The wife as offered to come down with me for company, so that could be fun as we usually get lost? could you give me the post code please and what range do you shoot at so i can get the old boy zeroed in. reg john
    snarepeg.

Quote Originally Posted by duomatic410 View Post
    Peter, thank you for that (vivid amagination bit) and different i am, hard of hearing (very) eye sight not what it was and havnt shot at targets competition wise since the early 50s (303)...
    You'll fit right in, you should see the state of some us...

Postcode: DE73 8FE The club is in The Royal British Legion, a single story building next to Budgens "Supermarket". Has its own car park or use the Budgens one.

Target Range: 6 yards, (bull is 5 foot above the floor).
    A bit like darts we have an oche which you must stand behind and that is 6 yards from the faceplate.

Here's the Club Website, click on the tabs at the top (Photos, About Us etc) for some further info. HTH