Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Melbourne Marksmen Airgun Fayre this summer

I congratulate everyone who helped organise this excellent event. The Melbourne Marksmen helped sellers and visitors to have a very pleasing day out. Running the range and selling raffle tickets looked like particularly hard work. I think the airgun collectors fairs that have been organised since the event at Groby in September 2008, have proved that there is great interest in bringing enthusiasts together for a grand day-out.

The event has achieved what I think is vitally important to preserve shooting history for the future: movement of guns and related material into the hands of collectors, plinkers and beginners.

Once again, many thanks everyone who gave me the chance to enjoy this already legendary day of shooting fun.

An excellent "DO" and good to put faces to names on the forum.
    Note to edbear- my mk2 airsporter action is sitting comfortably in its "new" stock-Thanks very much.
    Regards
    Daveh
    If you dont do it today, you might not be able to do it tomorrow!

The number of rifles and pistols on display and for sale exceeded all our expectations and the fayre was very busy during the day. The caterers provided BBQ food during the day and the whole event went very smoothly with numerous people commenting on how they enjoyed the day.

What was obvious was the interest many have in collecting older types of airguns that perhaps they enjoyed in their youth.

The types of guns for sale included most of the popular British Webleys (including 2 very nice Service Mk11’s), some superb examples of BSA break barrel and underlever airguns covering 100 years of production and custom British rifles by Venom and Bowkett.

German airguns such as the H.W. Weihrauch rifles, Walther spring air rifles, Original/Diana break barrel and side lever rifles. Anschutz, Feinwerkbau and a number of BSF’s were also tabled for sale. (no FWB 124/127's damn)

Several American, Spanish and Japanese pneumatics were for sale and more modern precharged rifles by Air Arms and Daystate. Rarer guns included Giffards and even an aircane was offered for sale.

The star of the show must have been the Light Pattern put on display- thanks Eddie

Pistols again included many of the Webley and BSA range, Walther LP53 spring pistols, a Walther LP3 SSP, HW 45’s, various Crossmans and Hammerlies and a boxed Hyscore.

I did notice quite a number of visitors leaving with purchased rifles so I hope they enjoy them and that we see them again

Drop me an e-mail regarding the presentation Charlie when you wish to come through and I will advise the members - looking forward to it and i may have some posters obtained from the factory back in the 70's to bring along

John
    Last edited by pennineway.fswo; 17-06-2013 at 09:48 AM. Reason: addition for Powderfinger
    hold me back !!

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by daveh View Post
    An excellent "DO" and good to put faces to names on the forum.
    Note to edbear- my mk2 airsporter action is sitting comfortably in its "new" stock-Thanks very much.
    Regards
    Daveh
    Hi Dave, that's great news and thanks for letting me know

All the best, Ed

Bloody Brilliant !

That was the BEST airgun sale I've ever seen.
    Me and a mate called in on the way back from the (disappointing) arms and militaria fair at Birmingham.
    I've never seen so much rare and cool stuff.
    Among the highlights for me were:
    Sharp Innova Venom Bullpup
    setra
    Sharp Victory
    MKI Eclipse in 177 (!)
    LP53
    HW45 x2 (I bought one of them)
    Bluestreak with williams peep and UK legal blow off valve.

Please, please organise another one !!!!!

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.

melbourne Fayre

Again just to reciprocate what has been said, an excellent do. This is the first time I have ever attended anything like this and it was an extremely enjoyable and informative affair. The names put to faces and the amount of items up for sale made, for me and my lad a really good day, a perfect finish to the weekend. We attended the spring gathering, though only for a couple of hours, again to put faces to names and see what went off, had a couple of sandwich's then up to the Premier Inn at Great Barr for the night. Met with Gary, Mally, Dave, John (Johnbaz) and John (Blackrider) a few beers, then down to the NMM for the antique arms fayre on Sunday morning then back up the motorway to Melbourne, got myself a MK11 Sporter off of Grayling and a small scope out of Johnbaz's items. A couple of hot dogs from the barbie and home.

Forgot to mention edbear and a member from Donny, can't remember his name, nice to meet you gents, pity about the stock edbear,looking for a MKii in as good condition as the MK1 you had, will get one one day.

A very, very good weekend.

To the Melbourne RBL, change your ale for the next do or I shall have to nip to the supermarket next door for a couple of cans

Congratulations to each and all for a splendid do.

Gary, will be in touch mate ASAP

ATB

Chippendale (with clothes on)
    Last edited by Chippendale; 18-06-2013 at 06:04 AM. Reason: spelling, and omittance

Melbourne marksmen fayre

Hi folks.
    Whilst we the Bellringers are all patting ourselves on the back for an excellent day well ran I think a special mention should be made to "Pennine way" John and our old mate "HW Vixen" Chris. The Fayre really was their baby and although we all mucked in in would not have happened but for these two guys.

A big heartfelt thank you from all the members.

Chris is unfortunately "on holiday" from this forum but his commitment to all things airgun and his readiness to help others should I think be rewarded.

Be nice to see him back!
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Dunkley View Post
    Hi folks.

Chris is unfortunately "on holiday" from this forum but his commitment to all things airgun and his readiness to help others should I think be rewarded.

Be nice to see him back!
    Hear Hear ! (with bells on)...ATB, Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Dunkley View Post

Be nice to see him back!
    Would be nice. We live in hope?

Quote Originally Posted by Biker_Bob View Post
    That was the BEST airgun sale I've ever seen.
    Me and a mate called in on the way back from the (disappointing) arms and militaria fair at Birmingham.
    I've never seen so much rare and cool stuff.
    Among the highlights for me were:
    Sharp Innova Venom Bullpup
    setra
    Sharp Victory
    MKI Eclipse in 177 (!)
    LP53
    HW45 x2 (I bought one of them)
    Bluestreak with williams peep and UK legal blow off valve.

Please, please organise another one !!!!!
    First off, to biker_bob, The UK legal sheridan/crosman c9a was mine. I think everyone who came through the doors picked it up and admired it , then ....... they all put it down again.!! I cannot understand why no one bought it....?
    You should have introduced yourself Bob, it would be nice to put a face to a username.
    On that note ,it was great to meet fellow forum members whom I had not met before, incuding.....
    D.R.Hughes, walnutfarmick, grezoor and powderfinger, to name a few.
    Many thanks to John and Chris for putting on a super event in a lovely rural environment.
    My only criticism of the day was ... no H.P. sauce for me burger.......!! a crime punishable by ..? something nasty.

Let's do it again soon.
    Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by flatrajectory View Post
    First off, to biker_bob, The UK legal sheridan/crosman c9a was mine. I think everyone who came through the doors picked it up and admired it , then ....... they all put it down again.!! I cannot understand why no one bought it....?
    You should have introduced yourself Bob, it would be nice to put a face to a username.
    On that note ,it was great to meet fellow forum members whom I had not met before, incuding.....
    D.R.Hughes, walnutfarmick, grezoor and powderfinger, to name a few.
    Many thanks to John and Chris for putting on a super event in a lovely rural environment.
    My only criticism of the day was ... no H.P. sauce for me burger.......!! a crime punishable by ..? something nasty.

Let's do it again soon.
    Pete.
    Small world - I was thinking about that C9a all the way home. I was very tempted but I've just managed to kick my pump-up habit and I'm not letting myself get back into it again (one tends to get obsessed y'know.....)
    Well it was nice to meet you, even though we didn't know we were meeting

Quote Originally Posted by Biker_Bob View Post
    Small world - I was thinking about that C9a all the way home. I was very tempted but I've just managed to kick my pump-up habit and I'm not letting myself get back into it again (one tends to get obsessed y'know.....)
    Well it was nice to meet you, even though we didn't know we were meeting
    Bob,
    If you were with another chap and we discussed the fact that the c9a had a blow off limit valve in the pump head ,like the Innova, then I now know what you look like.....unfortunately.!! ?. (only kidding).
    Bob, if you want to restart your pumper habit you can pm me re a deal/swap. I love that rifle but my arthritis has now spread to my shoulder and elbow joints thus rendering me knackered for pumpers. I am gutted because ,after trying loads of different models of pumper ,I finally found the sheridan to be both powerfull,accurate , hansome and very well made...... my dream recoilless ,self contained rifle. Such is life.
    Pete.

it was really good, and well done to eveyone involed i wished my pockets were a little deeper as seeing the webley Service Mk11’s first time , im liking them alot

Yup, a great day and so TVM to everyone.

And did you all see that Walther LP 2 and wish for deeper pockets?

Regards, David

Quote Originally Posted by flatrajectory View Post
    Bob,
    If you were with another chap and we discussed the fact that the c9a had a blow off limit valve in the pump head ,like the Innova, then I now know what you look like.....unfortunately.!! ?. (only kidding).
    Bob, if you want to restart your pumper habit you can pm me re a deal/swap. I love that rifle but my arthritis has now spread to my shoulder and elbow joints thus rendering me knackered for pumpers. I am gutted because ,after trying loads of different models of pumper ,I finally found the sheridan to be both powerfull,accurate , hansome and very well made...... my dream recoilless ,self contained rifle. Such is life.
    Pete.
    hi pete that was me (big lad with goatee beard ) i also was not sure who was who any way it was nice to meet you
    the only reason i did not purchase your fine rifle was peter dunkley emptied my wallet for his super-target Mk3
    brian.