Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Melbourne Marksmen Airgun Fayre this summer

Word of warning to watch your insurance.
    My lot have a general policy that would covers us for such event when we hold open evenings etc.

Well, my fingers are crossed.....never ever been to this type of event before, but really interested in some bell target in my birthplace......this may turn out expensive but my fingers poised to check into the Hardinge Arms just down the road.........any help before or on the day I'm ready and willing to assist.....thanks

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    Quote Originally Posted by harry123 View Post
    Well, my fingers are crossed.....never ever been to this type of event before, but really interested in some bell target in my birthplace......this may turn out expensive but my fingers poised to check into the Hardinge Arms just down the road.........any help before or on the day I'm ready and willing to assist.....thanks
    Well if its as good as the Sutton Coldfield fair with the added attraction of the Bell Target comp, plus a bar, ample parking and good company of fellow enthusiasts, its going to be fantastic. Plus a good chance of adding some nice bits n pieces to our collections .
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

Quote Originally Posted by harry123 View Post
    Off to practice too Got the local Sea Scouts coming too.

Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
    The members of Melbourne Marksmen had a meeting tonight to discuss running an airgun fayre on our range at the RBL

The outcome is that we decided to run a fayre this summer and on the day also organise both bell target and paper target competitions.

The objectives are to generate interest in bell target shooting and in our club and also of course to stimulate interest in the hobby of collecting and shooting old air guns.

We will keep the costs low for those attending and prizes will be awarded to the top shooters in the competitions. Those attending can bring their own guns or use our club's guns in the competitions.

We will also stage a bring and buy sale for those attending who only have one or two items to sell

I need to get the blessing from the RBL management and from my local fire arms dept and of course from the National Body who will arrange the insurance.
    When I have these, I will post a date for the event on this section of the BBS. Chris H our Chairman/Treasurer who many of you know, will do likewise on the other well known forum.

When we have the permissions Chris and I will also advise regarding costs for use of tables etc. The date for the event will probably be in July/August

I am aware that other BBS members are investigating running another fayre this year and we will try to ensure they do not coincide.

John

Some progress fellas.

I have had a discussion with Derbyshire Firearms Licensing Manager today regarding this event and permission has been given for us to hold this fayre

However it was made clear that those selling on the day must be collectors or enthusiasts and not dealers or someone who buys and sells airguns or airgun parts to make or supplement an income.

This is what I expected and I believe that this should not be a problem. This is not as strict a requirement as that imposed by Leics Firearms Dept for the Leics/Groby fayre where it was made clear that anyone who had sold airguns at a previous, similar type event should not sell at that event.

So the first hurdle is over.

John
    hold me back !!

Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
    Some progress fellas.

I have had a discussion with Derbyshire Firearms Licensing Manager today regarding this event and permission has been given for us to hold this fayre

However it was made clear that those selling on the day must be collectors or enthusiasts and not dealers or someone who buys and sells airguns or airgun parts to make or supplement an income.

This is what I expected and I believe that this should not be a problem. This is not as strict a requirement as that imposed by Leics Firearms Dept for the Leics/Groby fayre where it was made clear that anyone who had sold airguns at a previous, similar type event should not sell at that event.

So the first hurdle is over.

John
    Brilliant news John, can't wait now, its gonna happen .
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.

Chris & the lads have been telling me that they have some little beauties & collectables ready to be sold at the fayre - I think this will be a great event,just hope our venue is big enough as there seems to be a lot of intrest in the Fayre and the Bell Target shoot.

Let me see, Airgun enthusiasts + Collectable treasures + Bell Target shoot + Beer + Sandwiches + BBQ (hopefully) + witty banter + dancing girls = A Great Day Out

All we need now is the dancing girls
    Life without happiness is no life at all.

Quote Originally Posted by markmac View Post

Let me see, Airgun enthusiasts + Collectable treasures + Bell Target shoot + Beer + Sandwiches + BBQ (hopefully) + witty banter + dancing girls = A Great Day Out .
    That should be the official advert from hence forth .

Quote Originally Posted by Grayling View Post
    That should be the official advert from hence forth .
    OK Gary, Can you bring the dancing girls?????
    Life without happiness is no life at all.

Quote Originally Posted by markmac View Post
    OK Gary, Can you bring the dancing girls?????
    The other half of my family are sweaty socks, so I could get all my uncles and cousins to wear their kilts . They do a pretty mean highland fling after a few Whiskeys . They'd all be happy to come down and cover the errrrrr ''dancing''.

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayling View Post
    The other half of my family are sweaty socks, so I could get all my uncles and cousins to wear their kilts . They do a pretty mean highland fling after a few Whiskeys . They'd all be happy to come down and cover the errrrrr ''dancing''.
    Flaming jacksies a load of Talos lookey likies in frocks, ooooo my eyes my eyes, ooooo me mentalist health n thah!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by R. P. McMurphy View Post
    Flaming jacksies a load of Talos lookey likies in frocks, ooooo my eyes my eyes, ooooo me mentalist health n thah!!!!!!!!!
    You are slipping back into some foreign tongue again David, most likely URDU pinch yourself and repeat after me I CAN TALK ENGLISH, I CAN TALK ENGLISH .

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Didn't wish to start another "Airgun Fayre" thread.
    BUT
    Being as a Fayre at the Walton Lions seems to have been established on Sunday 7th July

Has there been further developments on this one at the Melbourne Marksmen Club ?

Just so we know which and if which or both Fayres are happening ?

Thanks to all who are trying to pull these events together !

John. (brider)
    “An airgun or two”………

Smile

Really looking forward to this one, can't wait for the date to be finalised so I can get a room booked for the weekend.......oh and start saving some spends and beer tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Didn't wish to start another "Airgun Fayre" thread.
    BUT
    Being as a Fayre at the Walton Lions seems to have been established on Sunday 7th July

Has there been further developments on this one at the Melbourne Marksmen Club ?

Just so we know which and if which or both Fayres are happening ?

Thanks to all who are trying to pull these events together !

John. (brider)
    Hi John

The Melbourne fayre is going ahead.

We have the blessing of our local Firearms dept and insurance is also in place through our affiliation to the NSRA.

Our club night is tomorrow (Thurs) and we will be deciding on a date then, that fits in with the Royal British Legion bookings and our members holidays.

As Waltons are having their fayre 7th July then we will work round this date also and have ours either about a month earlier or a month later

Hopefully by friday this week we will have a date firmed up.
    ATB
    John
    hold me back !!