Thread: A get together (stopover) on the night of Melbournes vintage fayre anyone interested.

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!

A get together (stopover) on the night of Melbournes vintage fayre anyone interested.

After Blackriders idea a few weeks back with regards a bit of a collectables get together/social evening on the night of this much looked forward to event. Well we now have a date for Melbournes fayre. So my good buddy and mega wooly MallyAlly plus our nutty but hilarious pal Kenny are booking into the nearest premier inn to the venue so we can hopefully get some kind of get together planned. Bear in mind a pre booked Premier inn is only £29 for the night, so in our case £10 each. And we get to have a few beers a decent meal and talk airguns all night. Although Malcolm is sharing the double bed with Kenny, you have to draw the line somewhere . I'm hoping that John (Blackrider) and his illustrious side kick GoldenknackersJB still fancy this stop over too.

Anyone else fancy this, could be the icing on an already wonderful vintage/bell target cake
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

Quote Originally Posted by Grayling View Post
    After Blackriders idea a few weeks back with regards a bit of a collectables get together/social evening on the night of this much looked forward to event. Well we now have a date for Melbournes fayre. So my good buddy and mega wooly MallyAlly plus our nutty but hilarious pal Kenny are booking into the nearest premier inn to the venue so we can hopefully get some kind of get together planned. Bear in mind a pre booked Premier inn is only £29 for the night, so in our case £10 each. And we get to have a few beers a decent meal and talk airguns all night. Although Malcolm is sharing the double bed with Kenny, you have to draw the line somewhere . I'm hoping that John (Blackrider) and his illustrious side kick GoldenknackersJB still fancy this stop over too.

Anyone else fancy this, could be the icing on an already wonderful vintage/bell target cake
    The 16th is a Sunday so Scouseling myself and the sockless one will be staying over on the saturday night if anyone fancies a piss up

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    The 16th is a Sunday so Scouseling myself and the sockless one will be staying over on the saturday night if anyone fancies a piss up
    Can people from Warrington join you?

Quote Originally Posted by harry123 View Post
    Can people from Warrington join you?
    Of course mate the morer the merry I say

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    Of course mate the morer the merry I say
    I'm stopping in Kings Newton about a mile from Melbourne....we'll have to sort out a Saturday afternoon meet bar then!!!!!!

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Yo Guys !
    Up for this, so its a Saturday 15th June, Curry and "piss up related tangle" and stop-over at a local (to Melbourne's Illustrious Marksmen) Travel lodge !!
    Ok, which one are we going for ?

I'll liaise with John (Johnbaz) to gauge his intentions !

Whoa, bring it on !

John aka. Blackrider.
    “An airgun or two”………

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Yo Guys !
    Up for this, so its a Saturday 15th June, Curry and "piss up related tangle" and stop-over at a local (to Melbourne's Illustrious Marksmen) Travel lodge !!

Whoa, bring it on !

John aka. Blackrider.

I'm up for it John

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    I'm up for it John

John
    Ok, thats the two "Sheff Guys" on-board !

Any more ?

John.
    “An airgun or two”………

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Yo Guys !

Whoa, bring it on !

John aka. Blackrider.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    I'm up for it John

John
    Now that has just made my day lads , nice one. Really looking forward to meeting you two. Why not get the same Premier inn then we have food and a bar on sight with no need to travel any distance.
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Grayling View Post
    Now that has just made my day lads , nice one. Really looking forward to meeting you two. Why not get the same Premier inn then we have food and a bar on sight with no need to travel any distance.

Sounds suspiciously like a plan

See you then Gary

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Meet...

Well.... from Bolton originally.....so defininatly be excluded!!!....

Woolybacks eh?

Quote Originally Posted by kev.f View Post
    Well.... from Bolton originally.....so defininatly be excluded!!!....

Woolybacks eh?

No no, you will be fine.

I think it's just the 'sheep' and 'scotch'

Tour guide

Chris H is happy to be your tour guide fellas

Quote from Madmike on another forum

------------we are in for a stonker..if any people want to stay over on the Sat. night I can advise local Hotels/BB's/Guest houses/camping...some in Melbourne..some near..there are loads...

I can compile a list of "over-nighter's" if they contact me..& liaise with them about a gentle walk around local pubs in the town.. If people want to arrive Sat afternoon I would even show them some of the local history/site's too..google Calke abbey..just down the road..A Nat. Trust property frozen in time.

e-mail chough557@aol.com

In Melbourne we have 5 pubs,1 club,3 (English) restaurants,3 takeaways,Taiwanese restaurant,2 Indian restaurants,2 cash points..it really is not much bigger than a village..really looking forwards to seeing who piles up...I'll certainly recognise one big hairy @'d northern lorry driver...if he turns up..guess him & his loyal "entourage" will fly into East Mids.airport..bet he set's the metal detectors off.
    Last edited by pennineway.fswo; 09-02-2013 at 07:28 PM. Reason: e-mail addy added
    hold me back !!