Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thermal image monocular

Guru

Been talking to a bit of a battery guru and he seems to think for the thermal camera the best cells to use would be Eneloop batteries as they are not volatile if misused, have similar capacity to Ni Mh batts and dont have a memory effect. But he recons the bigest advantage is the no power loss when not in use so this means that unlike ordinary rechargeable batteries that self discharge over a time the Eneloop batts would still be at max charge after a year.
    Steve
    Steve

Mine don't get the chance to discharge, Steve. Takes me all of my time to get them re-charged before the next outing. They do sound good though.

As I say, I've several sets of Ansmann's and never had a problem with them.

George
    Loads of stuff that goes bang and some gadgets that cut through the darkness.

http://www.nightvisionforumuk.com

Ansmanns

Hi George
    Are you using the 2700 mah. Or the 2850 mah cells,only i need more and
    thought i would give them a try
    Thanks Steve
    Steve

I'm using just the 2850's. I've four sets of them now and I've tried many others.

Lots of the miscellaneous brands are marked up at ridiculously high mAh figures but mostly fall well short of that stated (I've a drawer full as testament to this They get used in the callers or trail cams).

George
    Loads of stuff that goes bang and some gadgets that cut through the darkness.

http://www.nightvisionforumuk.com

They would be great for starlings etc at night when they are roosting in trees! Be very handy when they won't fly away at night!

Quote Originally Posted by bulls_hitter View Post
    I have just taken the guide 518c out for its first outing after a bit of fiddling around with settings
    All i can say is WOW. I could see rabbits crows and pigeons out to approx 150 yards.
    Then i came accross two larger heat sources about 600 yards away although at this range i could not identify what animal they were i could see which way they were pointing as the thermal image could pick out the engine room of these animals. As these tests were carried out in the light i had a draw tube swarovski scope with me and the two larger heat sources were Roe Deer.
    Iam thinking 1 or 2 more trips in the light then the real test at night, i cant wait!
    I was out with a friend last night with his Guide 518-EC, it certainly increased our numbers of rabbits. So much so, it WILL be my next shooting related purchase. But at the price, will be 2014 at the earliest