Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where to get lead balls from not kranks

where to get lead balls from not kranks

as title

Hannams.
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

Darlington. The Land of the Prince Bishops Durham

Thumbs up Lead balls

darren walker. Camphill Guns.

Al.
    AlBur
    Always Remember "Utopia Does NOT Exist"

Making your own - after amortizing the cost of equipment - costs less than 5% of the cost of buying them ready-made, especially in THIS country where they seem to be mostly imported.

tac

someone put a link in hear for some bloke that sold them
    but i cant find it
    help

Me neither wanting .44 cal .
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

Andy

top bloke, good prices - http://www.tfsa.co.uk/bullets.htm

Try Dodgyrog on here. Or Shelhouse Bullet Company.

Quote Originally Posted by swidds View Post
    top bloke, good prices - http://www.tfsa.co.uk/bullets.htm
    Andy is this the guy you were telling me of with the recycled ones ?
    Last edited by hawkeye; 10-03-2013 at 08:21 PM.
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
    Andy is this the guy you were telling me off with the recycled ones ?
    Hello mate, I've never told you off?

Hello mate, I've never told you off?
    Lol very clever lucky you picked that one up

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
    Lol very clever lucky you picked that one up
    couldn't resist, sorry! ...

I buy mine from Shellhouse Bullet Company.

recycling lead

recycling jokes aside.. when I was a member of my local airgun club (moved completely into full bore now), they used to give me the collected lead from the back stop. You'd be surprised how much good quality lead builds up on a back stop over a month with a 300 member base.

This would go straight into my Lee melter and turned into what ever I need. The lee melter was only 45 quid and the bullet molds mostly came with the guns I bought (they are usually about 25 quid anyway). I get lead from the local shooting range and have a load from my parents recent roof renovation which will last me a while. My local metal scrappy says he could do some for me as well.

So, I'm not sure if its cheaper than just buying what you need, but it doesn't cost to much to set yourself up... its all part of the shooting experience for me, especially so when you put a DIY lead ball through the V-bull

recycling jokes aside.. when I was a member of my local airgun club (moved completely into full bore now), they used to give me the collected lead from the back stop. You'd be surprised how much good quality lead builds up on a back stop over a month with a 300 member base.

This would go straight into my Lee melter and turned into what ever I need. The lee melter was only 45 quid and the bullet molds mostly came with the guns I bought (they are usually about 25 quid anyway). I get lead from the local shooting range and have a load from my parents recent roof renovation which will last me a while. My local metal scrappy says he could do some for me as well.

So, I'm not sure if its cheaper than just buying what you need, but it doesn't cost to much to set yourself up... its all part of the shooting experience for me, especially so when you put a DIY lead ball through the V-bull
    Thought about the Lee melter but not sure of a good lead supply locally and if i gotta buy via post it pushes costs up around what the balls are to start with.