Thread: Webley/Venom Springers

Webley/Venom Springers

Hi
    Please can anyone help?
    I've just bought a nice .22 xocet carbine and will be getting a .22 Stingray, (both off here).
    I have never given Webleys much thought, but seeing the quality of the engineering, I thought I'd amass a small collection.
    Which of the Brum Webleys had the Venom design influence? and If I start at say, the Vulcan; what other models should i consider?
    Any advice welcome.
    Regards
    Steve

Consider the eclipse, tomahawk and longbow.

The.Tomahawk and longbow are not particularly easy to get hold of. Nobody seems to part with nice ones.

Atb
    Sean

Webley Venom

Agree with Sean. Go for a Tommy and Longbow lookout for the custom versions the sidewinder and sidewinder compact. They do come up now and again so start saving! Also look for the stingray express as they only made 200 of them. Regards Mach 1.5

Omega...... outstandingly good.
    Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by flatrajectory View Post
    Omega...... outstandingly good.
    Pete.
    Ah but before the Venom influence! Stingray Express best "take it along just in case" rifle in my book and the Longbow and Tomahawk are outstanding. If you are starting a collection, look for the Longbows with walnut stocks, rocking horse poo but well worth it - I know, I have a few! So agree with Mach 1.5! But, be careful! You might become addicted, in which case you can join BrumBow Anonymous!

atvb
    David
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!

Webley Venom Springers

And what do you know about Longbows Top Dog? How's Brumbow rehab these days? On a serious note, Stevef if you pm me your address I'll send you some adverts from the Webley Venom days. Happy Collecting. Regards Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    And what do you know about Longbows Top Dog? How's Brumbow rehab these days? On a serious note, Stevef if you pm me your address I'll send you some adverts from the Webley Venom days. Happy Collecting. Regards Mach 1.5
    what does dave know about longbows
    this is his

its the curves ---Purpection does not come cheap but will last a lifetime - unless you sell it then its borrowed -- I sold it to Dave

there is no better longbow ever made

I have a .177 Venom Longbow and a .177 Venom Stingray, both quite scarce beasts.
    I also have the same in SFS tuned rifles.
    I have a boxed .177 Tomahawk, and a mint boxed .177 Longbow with both Walnut and Beech stocks, and a spare 'SE' thumbhole stock for it as well.
    None of the above are for sale at present, but who knows what could happen in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket launcher View Post
    what does dave know about longbows
    this is his

its the curves ---Purpection does not come cheap but will last a lifetime - unless you sell it then its borrowed -- I sold it to Dave

there is no better longbow ever made
    Ah yes; you are right Paul, you did sell me this BUT it's a TOMAHAWK basically is speciality Cobra guise and I only have ONE of them. I got a Venom Cobra about the same time but that now lives with a pal over your way, so you can still get a fix every now and again! The earlier comment about Longbow rehab from Mach1.5 refers to my 10 BrumBows in various guises. Still looking for the Purpection, perhaps you can direct me !

I thought I had found my ideal barrel cocker with my Custom 85k and later 95k, but then I found BrumBows - game over! "Best" calibre in standard form is 0.22 but with a stroke increase by 6mm (soon) or 8mm (have one!), they are a doddle to get and keep bang on song in 0.177 too, otherwise a bit lively in the smaller calibre! Still a light-weight walnut stocked one is ideal for weaklings, even 6ft, 20stone ones like me!

atvb all
    David
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!

Tommy and Lb especially.
    But wouldnt recommend the Tommy, pick a Lb, made for 12Ftp as standard, and LW barrel.
    I own 3 Tommys., 2 lazaglided one's, and 1 prototype cobra.
    I thínk the Stingrays' stock was also Venom influenced, but I'm not sure.
    And allthough they have a different trigger, its a very good 1, and allthough they arent finished as well at the topline Tommy/Lb,I'd stíll pick a Stingray over a Tommy.
    Just dont get them in FAC, its not worth the little extra Ftp's, and they're too light
    ATB,
    yana

Webleys

Hi
    Thanks to all for advice and help.
    I think my next target will be a longbow.
    Regards
    Steve

Webley venoms

Hi Steve info on the customs in the post Tuesday. Have a Happy Easter all. Regards Mach 1.

Quote Originally Posted by stevef View Post
    Hi
    Thanks to all for advice and help.
    I think my next target will be a longbow.
    Regards
    Steve
    Good luck with that, I've been after a nice one for 5 years.

Just missed a mint boxed brumbow by a matter of hours on Tuesday.

It was sold by BAR for the measly sum of £220.

Atb
    Sean