Thread: Osprey Supertarget - problems with the loading taper.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Osprey Supertarget - problems with the loading tap.

I have now got my Osprey Supertarget looking a lot better with a set of sights that fit well, look good and work well.

My pal JG found a genuine new Osprey Supertarget spring in stock at MAG (!) and so it is now working as it should and I am a lot happier with it - BUT - the pellet loading taper sits a little towards the left so it is not exactly central, and so I am guessing this means that the pellet is not entering the end of the barrel as centrally as it should and if not sorted it will not be as accurate as it should be, but could also damage this end of the barrel?

It looks like the taper has worn, but I am not sure how to fix it as I have no way of knowing if the taper is worn on the loading tap or inside the rifle cylinder itself.

One idea to fix it is to get the taper that I already have plated or blued to effectively make it bigger and push it back outwards a little to centralise the pellet position better.

The other idea is just to buy a new .177 taper from John Knibbs and hope it is the taper that has worn and not the cylinder part of the taper.

Does anybody who knows more about Webley Ospreys then me ( easily done) have any similar experience to share and let me know how to fix it please?
    Last edited by zooma; 24-03-2013 at 05:14 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.