Ello everyone (in Sussex)

I've just posted the SIHFT 2013 'launch' thread on the Events Board, but so you have somewhere to ask questions or just for general banter ...... here it is again.

As we are now just one week away from the start of the 2013 SIHFT series start, I thought I'd better get my finger out and post the news that Swallows Field Target Club will host Round 1 on Sunday 21st April.

I suspect that most of you (from the Sussex clubs - Mile Oak, Ford, Buxted, Horsham Hawks and Iden Fern) will have been here before, but just in case not our site is just over a mile south of Lewes on the old Lewes to Newhaven road via Piddinghoe (aka the C7). HERE is a link to a google earth map. Note that most sat navs do have the farm lane (The Droveway) leading down to the club and car park in their databases. For anyone without such technical whizardry and approaching from east or west along the A27, take the Kingston Village exit (traffic light controlled roundabout) and drive through the village until you get to a T-junction. Turn right (south) and then left a hundred yards or so after passing the garden centre. As you approach the bottom of the lane, take the left turn down to our club house.

I am desperately hoping that the rain holds off a tad this week as, even this morning, the field remains rather soggy. Please go where parking marshals direct you

As usual, the competition should start at 10:00, immediately following a safety briefing, which you must attend if you're intending to enter.

Gates will be open at 08:00(ish) with booking in commencing at 09:00.

Food (bacon butties for breakfast before the shoot and burgers after the comp.) will be on offer, as well as hot and cold drinks.

SHOOT FEES - £6 for all Juniors (age under 17); £7 for older visitors. These new 2013 fees will remain the same at ALL of this year's SIHFT series and are inclusive of your entry in to a 'Bonus Bunny' draw - a score card drawn at random at the end of the shoot. Assuming your name comes out of the hat AND you've not done a runner, the lucky winner will receive at least 50% of the 'pool' of £1 per entrant. There will be a 2nd drawn card to win an Air Arms 'goody bag'.

Please ensure you are wearing something vaguely protective and/or have a shooting mat. Very few of you will be offered my personal services to apply camomile lotion to acquired nettle rash should you fail to heed this warning

Thanks, and look forward to seeing a great turn-out on Sunday.

Biggles