Thread: looking for high power .22 rifle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Beginner7 Guest

looking for high power .22 rifle

I want to buy another PCP rifle for outdoor effective shooting at distances up to 100-120m.

What could be the reasonable choice? My priority is accuracy, power and reliability.

At this moment I found three candidates so far:
    AA S410
    Daystate Harrier-X
    Webley FX2000

Maybe I missed something else.
    Thanks!

redcatfishjack Guest

Exclamation

INCOMING

Gary C Guest
    Won't happen
    Maximum range for accurate shooting is about 70m.

I'd suggest the Air Ranger that should give you at least 100 yards

(He's in Russia guys)

Air Ranger

Richard
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Gary C Guest
    Nope

I just don't believe even at 80ft/lbs you'll get accuracy at 132 yards. I don't even think you'd do 100. You'd need a heavy pellet and you are then getting into rimmy territory.

70-80 yards = air max
    100 = rimmy max

Unless you want a bit of plinking of course - always fun to push the ranges but for hunting ? I doubt a sub 1" group round a bull is achievable at these ranges.

Gary -

From a post by David Snook

"I suggest a RWS 500 10 shot repeater. It has been designed at the outset as a rugged high power hunter and due to its high shot capacity, it is a very real alternative to rimfire in certain applications.

The RXS 500 will be available in power levels up to 50FPE where the export version, the Air Ranger will give double figure shots at 120FPE. More than equal to many rimfire guns.

A 35FPE version will produce 100 to 200 (to be confirmed) shots with a flat power curve.

I do not think that there is another production gun that can match these power levels and shot count including the Career.

Accuracy has been tested at 90FPE where 12mm centre-to-centre groups have been noted at 100 metres.

It costs £875 including bipod and silencer, please look at the RWS 500 threads on this board for more information.

David"
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardH
    Gary -

From a post by David Snook

"I suggest a RWS 500 10 shot repeater. It has been designed at the outset as a rugged high power hunter and due to its high shot capacity, it is a very real alternative to rimfire in certain applications.

The RXS 500 will be available in power levels up to 50FPE where the export version, the Air Ranger will give double figure shots at 120FPE. More than equal to many rimfire guns.

A 35FPE version will produce 100 to 200 (to be confirmed) shots with a flat power curve.

I do not think that there is another production gun that can match these power levels and shot count including the Career.

Accuracy has been tested at 90FPE where 12mm centre-to-centre groups have been noted at 100 metres.

It costs £875 including bipod and silencer, please look at the RWS 500 threads on this board for more information.

David"
    Firstly..who does he work for ?
    Secondly .. the rifle may be theoretically accurate enough to do it but in the slightest wind the shooter won't.

just my very humble opinion, and I'd love ot be wrong

There you are then.......

..You need a Barrat .50
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

To shoot accurately at those distances? I would go for a .17 rimmy.
    Even at ultra high power, air guns are really second choice at those ranges.
    IMHO anyway.
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Gary C Guest
    Again I doubt it

120m = 135 yards

Out of accurate rimmy range outdoors in a decent range of conditions.

WRM / HMR

Into centrefire territory then Gary?