Thread: HRPC HFT Round 5 Results :)

HRPC HFT Round 5 Results :)

Today was round 5 of our series and the weather decided to make it an even brighter day!

I wanted to say a big thank you to all that came and helped me put out my first course for the club and then had the joy of putting it all way again , so a big thank your for all your support and help. 

It was great to see some new faces and returning friends as well and I hope that you all had a great day in the sun, you must let us know your feedback on the burgers I couldn’t finish mine, to much green healthy stuff I think, well that's what I put it down to lol

So the nitty gritty!

Dave Dawes O 60

Bryan Beggan O 55

Robert Smith O 55

Ricky Ellis O 55

Sam Ellis (L) O 51

Duane Saunders O 50

Terry Evans O 48

Ross February .22 44

Ewan Potter .22 41

Simon Humphreys R 50

Mike Debenham R 46

Colin Muggeridge R 40 Mainly taken standing 

I would like to be the first to congratulate Dave for clearing the course!!! You shot like a demon, even those tricky unsupported positional shots never troubled you! But the scores shows that everyone shot incredibly well on a awkward course.. 

Role on a fortnight for the next one 

Rob
    "qui audet adipiscitur!"

Cheers guys for making us so welcome the wife absolutely loved it
    so many brownie points lol even though there were a few assists Sam
    shot brilliantly and im proud as punch.
    Dave very nice shooting sir, handling your gun i can see why those standers
    are easy for ya
    while gaining access to a burger i saw 2 aliens and a priest and the bride covered
    in paint it looked like she was having a great time. . . . Excellent
    Good weather good company good food and a pine forest to shoot in you can't ask for more

atb Rikki & Sam
    Never pull the trigger unless you know
    you are going to hit what you are aiming at.

Thumbs up About Time too!!

Well done Dave-I really am chuffed for you mate Steve-clears. Dave clears. Who next?
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

Good weather, good course, great shooting - Great day

It says it all really.

I love how our site is so versatile and that we can try out different parts of the forest. It was also nice to try a 15x2 course.

The weather was great and I'm pleased as punch that I matched my personal best...again - just can't seem to get past 50...for now.

I finally got to try one of those burgers - they taste good and even better after a good round.

Can't wait for Round 6 and seeing some more new faces too.

Duane

Cheers , my lucky day I guess - paying for it now though as some of those positionals got me into positions I've yet to read in the Karma Sutra

Well done Rob and everyone else for setting an excellent course , using the stream as the shooting line was superb and something we haven't tried before now - I think we are all improving just by shooting more often !

We hope to get more lanes on the plinking range too taking it to 16 lanes !

atvb

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

Great shoot

Hi guys

Just wanted to add to the above.

What a great day out. Great shooting by Dave, amazing score.

Those standers got the better of me!!!!

Looking forward to the next shoot.

Now standing practice!!

Cheers

Bryan

Brilliant day

What can I say, probably the best day out shooting this year. Even with my pants score I had a great time.

Massive congratulations to Dave for clearing a far from easy course (and I know you had no idea what to expect as you didn't get to see it before we started) and Rob for organising the day and putting up with me as a shooting partner. The idea of getting others to set the course so that we get use to doing it worked out very well. I'd also like to congratulate Sam for a superb first time out score and thank everybody else who took part for a great days shooting.

For those of you who left before the burgers we earned them by walking around the rest of the ground to see what other possibilities we have. Believe me there're many more options than we have looked at so far.

To paraphrase Tina Turner this place really is "Simply the Best".

Cheers

Terry

This shoot in two weeks time is it just for members or open to other clubs. If so times,prices ta

Quote Originally Posted by greenjacket4366 View Post
    This shoot in two weeks time is it just for members or open to other clubs. If so times,prices ta
    Hi

Keep a lookout on here as details will be posted with regards to the shoot on the 12th May asap. Thanks Bryan and Terry , also well done to Sam - excellent shooting !

atvb

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

Welcome to the club

Sorry I couldn't make this one I was a little bit worse for wear!

Great shooting Dave! Welcome to the club in clearing a course.

Looking at all the scores everyone shot well and seems to be improving with every shoot that goes by, it's been a long few years but finally everything is starting to turn around for us!

Keep up the good work and good things will follow I'm sure!

Looking forward to making the next one depending on what post code we decide to use in the woods

Atb

Steve
    HW100 T, Remington 700 .243
    CZ452 Silhouette .22lr, CZ452 .17HMR
    Beretta 686 White Onyx

thanks for the warm welcome

thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

thoroughly enjoyed myself on my 1st hft shoot, scored much more than I thought I would, especially with my genuine excuses that rob knows all about. was good getting involved with helping to set the course up (even though I didn't know what I was doing) & certainly looking forward to the 12th.

my body is slowly starting to loosen up after waking up Monday morning barely able to move ... my body isn't designed to be getting up & down, kneeling or bending in general.

Quote Originally Posted by asp383 View Post
    thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

thoroughly enjoyed myself on my 1st hft shoot, scored much more than I thought I would, especially with my genuine excuses that rob knows all about. was good getting involved with helping to set the course up (even though I didn't know what I was doing) & certainly looking forward to the 12th.

my body is slowly starting to loosen up after waking up Monday morning barely able to move ... my body isn't designed to be getting up & down, kneeling or bending in general.
    Good to have you aboard Ewan , I put me shoulder out Sunday and am in agony and would have settled for a lesser score as a result Why the hell do we do this ??? On the plus side I have lost about a stone since we started on the site ! lol

atvb

Dave

thanks dave,

hope your shoulder is better soon. I could do with losing a stone or 2