Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: HRPC HFT Round 6 and Open shoot 12th of May

What a course, stunning woodland with limitless target placing.
    Very pleasant mornings shooting,
    Thanks
    Bob

Lovely location you have there guys,thanks to Dave,Steve and all the boys for all your hard work today

The old .22 Rammer let me down today shame, it will return fettled I hope.

another great shoot guys, thanks. big well done to young tom too!

my shot of the day was the rabbit in the box ganging from the beam.

sorry I shot off & didn't help pack away, I was in the dog house ... again

Another enjoyable visit-many thanks to The HRPC team for making us feel so welcome and putting my Dad and Neil at ease-it was Neil's first ever HFT event and on that course with a rifle that he roughly zeroed 10 minutes before the start, his score was very respectable
    My Dad shot a new rifle with a little Bushnell fitted last night and after the first six pegs he had dropped 1 point and I had dropped 4-I thought he was going to rinse me
    A great ground, friendly club and a very, very testing course and dry, sunny weather-bloody brilliant

Well done Bob Appleyard-YOUR BACK!!!!
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

Great Shoot

Thanks HRPC, great shoot, well orgainised and fantastic course/terrain.

Look forward to next shoot.
    Air Arms TX200

Cheers boys the cracking course. Fantastic woods. Well within top 3 in Sussex!

Thanks to everyone that attended today , it certainly is a HFT 'game of two halves ' .

Massive well done to the HRPC members for yet another good shoot - bet you all sleep well tonight . lol

atvb

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

Big Dave is offline Formerly known as Badger410
    Stunning venue and the Sun shone. Perfect.

Many thanks to all you HRPC guys for the hospitality today, and all the hard work in putting together another varied course.
    And what a great setting to get in some much needed practice.

Bob

yep have to agree with everyone else great shoot enjoyed it a lot particulalry the hanging bunny lol.Note to self dont pull it to hard for the next guys lol .By the way how did the guy with the .22 smk do . cheers to you all

Quote Originally Posted by greenjacket4366 View Post
    yep have to agree with everyone else great shoot enjoyed it a lot particulalry the hanging bunny lol.Note to self dont pull it to hard for the next guys lol .By the way how did the guy with the .22 smk do . cheers to you all
    Glad you enjoyed it , he didn't do very well ( no one would have with that gun ) but he thoroughly enjoyed it and has already bought a pcp . lol

It was his first HFT and his gun was all over the place - one thing I will say is that we rarely get to use the plinking range ourselves as we are too busy , saying that I think his gun had about 73 zeros .

atvb

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

What a great day

Well all I can say is I slept great last night when I got home at midnight!!

It was such a rewarding day, great graft by everyone to set up the course, and cleared away.

It was great to see everyone having such a laugh along the woodland, with the occasional cheers in the distance. Myself and Duanne had a round of speed shooting, frustrating, two stupid misses because of rushing. Although just getting that 40 yard target was worth it!!

It really has started to feel like home, and it is great that we have been able to share it with others.

I must say a big thank you to everyone who has had a part in it, but I think Rob, Steve and Dave deserve huge thanks for their work for the club.

Look forward to seeing everyone at hrpc hft again in the future......hopefully some pictures will be posted soon.

.....oh I'm glad someone agrees with me......"wobble wobble bang"!!!!

Cheers

Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by Kingplinker View Post
    Glad you enjoyed it , he didn't do very well ( no one would have with that gun ) but he thoroughly enjoyed it and has already bought a pcp . lol

It was his first HFT and his gun was all over the place - one thing I will say is that we rarely get to use the plinking range ourselves as we are too busy , saying that I think his gun had about 73 zeros .

atvb

Dave
    good on him hope to see you guys around and more shoots at holmbush

Quote Originally Posted by Kingplinker View Post

atvb

Dave

Good on him, SMK are not that bad if they get worked on, I had a XS19 tuned(cost £130 total second hand), and it shoot as well as my TX200 upto 30yrds. The problem is that they were very light and had a real kick, so the distance ones were all over the place.
    Hope to see him and HRPC again.
    Air Arms TX200

Quote Originally Posted by greenjacket4366 View Post
    good on him hope to see you guys around and more shoots at holmbush
    Be good to have you back again .

Quote Originally Posted by bourne2fish View Post
    Good on him, SMK are not that bad if they get worked on, I had a XS19 tuned(cost £130 total second hand), and it shoot as well as my TX200 upto 30yrds. The problem is that they were very light and had a real kick, so the distance ones were all over the place.
    Hope to see him and HRPC again.
    I tuned a xs 19 too but the trigger gave me rheumatism

Tom showed the true spirit of HFT , total disaster with his gun / scope on his first shoot but he was always smiling - top fella !

atvb

Dave