Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MPL 6 yard Postal Competition.

MPL 6 yard Postal Competition - All Seasons.

Competition RULES.

The MPL 6 Yard Postal Competition.

This is an air pistol competition that can be shot at home or in a club at 6 yards by any individual that can shoot the match cards legally and safely with a signature to confirm they have been shot by the competitor with a single unsupported hand hold on the pistol at six yards distance.

The competition is open to anyone who can shoot the cards to the appropriate MPL rules described here, and who can ensure the shot cards are received by the scorer at the end of each month. The cards can be handed-in at any RMTC club meeting or posted back to the address provided in the Entry Pack.

Targets.

1. The competition will be shot on 6 yard Air 8 targets.

2. All the targets required to complete each 6 month series will be provided in the entry pack.

3. Spare Air 8 targets will be made available to purchase if required for practice. Bulk target supplies are available from the NSRA.

Pistols and pellets.

1. Any single shot .177 air pistol that complies with the main MPL rules will be eligible for this competition - if in doubt, please check the main MPL rules.

2. Only semi-wadcutter (flat nosed) pellets should be used to give clear cut holes in the Air 8 targets. Round nose pellets will not give a clean enough cut to permit clear scoring, and cards that cannot be scored will be given a zero score.

3. BB's and any pellet other than .177 calibre are specifically banned from this competition.

Shooting.

1. Six targets need to be shot each month with 5 shots on each = total possible score of 300 ex 300.

2. All targets are to be shot single handed (unsupported) at 6 yards by the shooter himself or herself.

3. The targets can be shot at any time during the month, but it is the shooters responsibility to ensure they arrive back to the scorer before the end of each competition month.

Scoring.

1/. All shooters should score their own shot targets and email the scores to us at the end of each month. Shot cards can also have the scores checked or even scored by another competitor if you have this option and prefer not to score your own.

2/. If you have a shot that is difficult to score or you are not sure of, please show it to another competitor or try and resolve it yourself. If you have any doubt - always score yourself down rather than up so you can gain a workable average you can repeat or try to improve upon in the future.

3/. A simple email such as the example below with your name and the competition month concerned with the scores displayed as shown here is all we need to record your score at the end of each month. Please also let us know what pistol and pellets you used to shoot your cards with.

Ian Bloggs. June 2013. 38 + 34 + 37 + 41 + 44 + 39 = 233. GAMO Centre. Hobby pellets.

Please send your scores by the end of each month to 6ydmpl@gmail.com

4/.You should keep your cards safe for 2 months after they are shot as some may be requested for random checking. Any requested cards should be posted to us, and if they are not available they will be given a zero score.

5/. To avoid any time wasting, any challenges for a disputed score must be accompanied with a cash payment for £5. This will be refunded in full in the event of a successful challenge, but donated to RMTC funds if unsuccessful.

Leagues and Results.

1. After the first round is completed, all entrants will be graded into groups of similar scoring competitors, and this may be revised after the second round if it is thought necessary. The size of the groups (each class) will depend on how many entrants are received.

2. The results from each group (class) will be listed with the final positions finalised after the final round of each 6 month series.

Live Finals.

1.Competitiors will be invited at the end of each series to shoot in a live shoulder to shoulder competition at RMTC (or other venue to be decided) to give everyone the opportunity to see how their scores compare to those achieved in the postal competition.

2.Prizes will be given to all winners at the live finals.

Entry.

The entry pack will cost £10.00 and will include all 36 targets with the official stamp/sticker already applied to enable each contestant to complete a full 6 month competition.

A commemorative competition sticker to fix to your pistol grip will be included in the entry pack.

Packs of one larger sticker to stick on your pistol case and another 3 pistol grip stickers can be bought at any time for £1.50.

This is where the rules for the new proposed new 6 yard MPL series will be posted as soon as I have completed them.
    Last edited by zooma; 30-01-2014 at 09:36 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

2013 Autum/Winter Competitors.

The first series to started in June 2013 and ended in December 2013.

We had 28 entries for our first season which is not at all bad and our new series staring January 2014 - June 2014 already has more entries and now includes a .22 competition as well.

1/ Ian Hutchinson - Wokingham.
    2 / Jim Day - Basingstoke.
    3 / Mick Lawes - Leeds.
    4 / Richard Sheppard - Rawtenstall.
    5 / Nyctophiliac - London.
    6/ Bob Stiles - Rossendale.
    7 /John Potter - Hastings.
    8/ Ian Jones - Blackburn.
    9/ John Gould - Manchester.
    10/ Raymond Boucher - Bury.
    11/ Andi Mackenzie - Bacup.
    12/ Graham Tank - Saddleworth.
    13/ Phil Hewitt - Bury.
    14/ Richard Stiles - Rawtenstall.
    15/ Graeme Fawcett - Fife.
    16/ Mark Poole - Ashford.
    17/ Christopher H - Sleaford.
    18/ Len Rodgers - Bolton.
    19/ Simon Hardman - Burnley.
    20/ Steve Wilson - Worthing.
    21/ Joseph Brown - Tamworth.
    22/ Tim Watson - Christchurch.
    23/ Glyn Davies - Cheddar.
    24/ Richard Carter - Preston.
    25/ Jim Caffrey - Newcastle.
    26/ Roy Taylor - Liverpool.
    27/ George Mees - Dover.
    28/ David Emmett - High Peak.

Anybody wishing to enter the next competition should take a look at the 2014 6 yard MPL threads - same rules - just as much fun!
    Last edited by zooma; 30-01-2014 at 09:45 AM.

6 Yards - The National Distance ?

The idea of this new postal league to to take the exisiting MPL formula, but open it up to all those who are not members of any clubs and have to shoot from home, as well as those who are fortunate enough to have a good club that will support and provide a 6 yard facility.

6 Yards is a distance that most can find a way to accomodate at home, and that any club should be able to make space for if they would like to take part.

NARPA found the 6 yard distance worked well for them and their postal series, and like them we will also have a "live" final for the top shooters in every class.

I am looking at the price to buy some "Air 8" 6 yard pistol targets from the NSRA to get this series started as they will give a scaled down sight picture from the 10 metre pistol targets making it easier to switch from one to the other for those that can shoot at both distances.
    Last edited by zooma; 28-05-2013 at 03:16 PM.

Sounds good, one question, what sort of pistols can be used ? I own a Morini 162 target pistol, a Brno Aeron B96 and a GAMO target pistol.

Thanks
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mark poole View Post
    Sounds good, one question, what sort of pistols can be used ? I own a Morini 162 target pistol, a Brno Aeron B96 and a GAMO target pistol.

Thanks
    Mark
    Hi Mark,

I think it would be nice to extend the exisiting MPL rules so that all eligable pistols are "muscle powered" ie spring or SSP types.

6 yards is not really a huge distance to shoot over, and it almost seems to be a bit "over the top" to shoot a top PCP pistol over that distance, and the MPL pistols demand a bit more effort to shoot and so make it more of a challenge.

It is also nice to find an excuse to keep the old classic air pistols alive and in active service - a great excuse to collect and/or restore a few more too!

This is what I have in mind at the moment and the direction I think we should go with this new 6 yard postal competition.

ATB - Bob.
    Last edited by zooma; 05-05-2013 at 06:23 PM.

Thanks Bob, im guessing my Gamo Compact being SSP fits the criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by mark poole View Post
    Thanks Bob, im guessing my Gamo Compact being SSP fits the criteria.
    Hope so, because that's what I'll be using. I'm hoping to get some of the lads in Leeds involved too.

The Gamo Compact is an excellent and popular choice of pistol, and perfectly acceptable for the MPL.

I am hoping to have a bit of a sit down on Thursday, in between shots, to have a brainstorm, etc, with Bob and a few others to see what we can come up with.

The MPL is well established, in it's current format, so it shouldn't be too difficult to come up with something that suits everybody's tastes.

Getting the Leeds lads involved sound like an excellent idea. This opens up the possibility of a team event, as well as an individual event.

Kind regards,

Phil
    Last edited by p.m.h; 30-04-2013 at 09:45 PM.
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Quote Originally Posted by p.m.h View Post

The MPL is well established, in it's current format, so it shouldn't be too difficult to come up with something that suits everybody's tastes.

Kind regards,

Phil
    That will be a first!

Count me in. Now, I wonder if my FWB65 will have to be rezeroed for 6 yards. I bet Bobs got some 'luuurrvvly' six yard pistols for sale.

Good luck with this event.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    That will be a first!

Count me in. Now, I wonder if my FWB65 will have to be rezeroed for 6 yards. I bet Bobs got some 'luuurrvvly' six yard pistols for sale.

ATB
    Ian
    ........just a small selection that may be worthy of a closer inspection.......

Quote Originally Posted by p.m.h View Post
    The Gamo Compact is an excellent and popular choice of pistol, and perfectly acceptable for the MPL.

I am hoping to have a bit of a sit down on Thursday, in between shots, to have a brainstorm, etc, with Bob and a few others to see what we can come up with.

Getting the Leeds lads involved sound like an excellent idea. This opens up the possibility of a team event, as well as an individual event.

Kind regards,

Phil
    Great, Thanks Phil, I look forward to hearing about this soon.

Mark

Read the first post

I have started to write the rules on the first entry of this thread.

Please check back regularly as I complete and refine the rules until I get them workable and finalised.

May I suggest a rule.

'By entering this competition series you agree to abide by the organisers decision outright'. [ or words to that effect.]

In other words you are God! If you say its Monday - then its Monday. I know they can challenge a decision at a cost of £5 but they might save up their pocket money!

I had a word with a couple of the club members last night and they have shown an interest. Mr Wilson may even dust off his old Gammo Centre to use that in the compt.
    Once more details are finalised I will put a notice up at the club and collect some names (and monies. )

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    May I suggest a rule.

'By entering this competition series you agree to abide by the organisers decision outright'. [ or words to that effect.]

In other words you are God! If you say its Monday - then its Monday. I know they can challenge a decision at a cost of £5 but they might save up their pocket money!

I had a word with a couple of the club members last night and they have shown an interest. Mr Wilson may even dust off his old Gammo Centre to use that in the compt.
    Once more details are finalised I will put a notice up at the club and collect some names (and monies. )

ATB
    Ian
    HA HA - but you touch on an important point.

The £5 cost to submit a challenge is an idea designed to try to prevent any time being wasted on lots of erroneous challenges, whilst still providing a route for any genuine challenge to be made - and if it is genuine and successful of course - at no cost!

If anyone should have a god-like image, it should be the scorer whose decision should be regarded as FINAL in all cases - but with the safety valve available to everyone and anyone who may feel a scoring mistake has been made.

I'll have a go at that I've got 6 yrds at home & a nice origanal 6m to shoot it with