Thread: RWS R10 pellets

RWS R10 pellets

I recently purchased a couple of tins of R10 pellets. I noticed that the lid had changed slightly in design from my last tins. I also noticed that some of them slipped through my RWS pellet box to lodge underneath the top tray,and that some of them entered the pellet holder skirt first.

Although I'm only a beginner at this and know next to nothing about pellets I am sure they seem a little smaller on the skirt. I know they do these pellets in large batches and wondered if they could have a slightly smaller skirt in this batch.

The tin is marked with a pistol and says 4.5mm. I was talking to a well respected pistolier about this after he shot my pistol the other night. He did ask me if I thought that the pellets were slightly small for my Alfa-Proj Classic.

Anyone else noticed this or am I just stupid?

Kind Regards,
    Glen.

Hello Glen,

Tins change quite often, which is probably the reason wrecked of us collect them.

Whilst the front of the tin always says 4.5mm, it is the sticker on the back that shows the content size.

They are also available in 4.49mm.

I have noticed that some of my 4.5mm R10s fall through my pellet box and get lodged.

Not quite seen a pattern to explain this though.

I would more than likely say is the tolerance of the tray, rather than the pellets being so far out, but possibly a combination of both?

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Hi Phil,

Just checked the back of the tins and they are 4.49mm. That probably explains it then.

Thanks Phil.

Kind Regards,
    Glen.

Quote Originally Posted by gettingonabit View Post
    ........I also noticed that some of them slipped through my RWS pellet box to lodge underneath the top tray....

Anyone else noticed this or am I just stupid?

Kind Regards,
    Glen.
    You cant be stupid because Ive done this. Or
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    You cant be stupid because Ive done this. Or
    Ah yes - but then you are the absolute master of the pellet sorting tray - something you demonstrate on a regular basis !
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I recently purchased a couple of tins of R10 pellets. I noticed that the lid had changed slightly in design from my last tins. I also noticed that some of them slipped through my RWS pellet box to lodge underneath the top tray,and that some of them entered the pellet holder skirt first.
    Kind Regards,
    Glen.
    This usually happens if the base of the pellet sorter is not pressed down fully.

You need to press and lock the base down before closing the lid every time after using the sorting tray if there are any pellets left inside, or it is possible for them to shuffle between the two layers and for an odd one to get stuck now and again.

If the base is pressed and locked down, it is not possible for a pellet to slip through and get trapped between the two foam layers as there are no gaps for a pellet to slide into.

4.49 or 4.50 makes no difference to this problem as 0.01 is not enough size variation to make any difference in the punched foam holes - they are not that accurate !

f

The tin is marked with a pistol and says 4.5mm. I was talking to a well respected pistolier about this after he shot my pistol the other night. He did ask me if I thought that the pellets were slightly small for my Alfa-Proj Classic.

Kind Regards,
    Glen.
    An RMTC pistolier that shot a similar pistol to you always found the RWS CO2 pellets fitted his Alfa Proj Classic the best - I will bring some for you to test at the club to see if they fit yours better too.

Another RMTC Alfa shooter has just changed to R10 (from the same batch as your two tins), so we will see how he is getting on with them in his - maybe he has the same problem?

I have kept all of my R10 tins from the last two years shooting - and I have got a lot of them (4.49 and 4.50)- but I cannot see any diference between the older and newer tins so maybe you had some from an older batch from a few years ago?

We buy large quantities of R10 pellets to make sure they all come from the same batch number - in theory this should reduce any minor variations as we are still using pellets from the same batch.

My Cards don't change whatever pellet I use

It was that some of the pellets were sitting skirt first in the top tray. Now that doesn't happen with my Hobby or Geco pellets. I always check the tray is seated correctly.

Kind Regards,
    Glen.

tins

some of my old tins have screw lids but the newone's have press on nes with a piece of tape to hold it on so the spill out ifyou pick it up by the lid suppose it for cheepness
    I love my country, but fear my government

Quote Originally Posted by kindwarf View Post
    some of my old tins have screw lids but the newone's have press on nes with a piece of tape to hold it on so the spill out ifyou pick it up by the lid suppose it for cheepness
    I have RWS pellets and tins from when I shot in the 1970's - and they have never had a screw thread on the lid - unlike the nice Marksman and Wasp pellets that still come in screw-top tins even now.