Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Armscor Muzzle Loading Revolver

You lucky sod! I'm still stuck on the waiting list! ;(

It is cracking fun.
    "Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."

I can't wait to get my mitts on mine!!

I picked up some herco today, all i need now are some 148 gr wadcutters. Nobody near me seems to stock them.
    "Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."

Can't Alan supply the wadcutters? I'm thinking about casting my own In the future

Alan sells a wad cutter bullet for this revolver. I bought three boxs of them when i got the gun and i have also cast some 158grn truncated cone bullets from pure lead
    which shoot well. Sized and lightly tumble lubed they are easy to load and seem to shoot as well as the wad cutter. Only difference is you dont get the nice round hole
    that you get with the wad cutter. Tim.

Thats interesting to know. Is casting your won bullets a laborious task?

Nope, piece of cake. All you need is a melting pot, £45 ish. A ladle,£5 ish. A mold, £20 for a lee one and a supply of lead.
    Lube generally comes with the mold and a sizing die is about £15. Very easy to do, once you've done it once you will be
    chuffed to bits with firing your own ammo and within a year its payed for itself. Tim

What kit would you recommend for a beginner? Pm me if you want.
    Cheers mate

Danny

Don' PM it - put it on the thread 'cos I want to know too!!
    Buckle
    Proud member of The YCHJCYA2PDTHFH Club

Z1 Owners Club GB Wanted: Nothing at present!

I'm using a blowtorch & camping stove to melt scrap lead in an old stainless balti dish (flux with candle wax or sawdust) then pour into a Lee ingot mould.
    The only kit I bought for making the ingots was the mould (about £11 as I had the rest knocking about round the house) but you could just use a brick to make ingots either pouring in the frog indent or into the round holes of other types.
    You don't have to make ingots & can just cast from your fluxed pot but I think it makes it easer in the long run to store & you know it's already fluxed
    I bought a Lee Production pot & 1oz slug mould from Kranks & have the 2 cavity .357 wadcutter mould on order but you can do away with the Production pot & just use a stainless ladle with a pouring lip or the Lee lead ladle for about £5.
    You would be surprised at what you can find to use in the average home
    I am quite certain that the argument you've already won in your head was entirely more satisfying to you than the one that is actually occurring.
    Member of WR&PC,BASC & UBC

Shame is with these these at the moment as I understand it is the last batch of cylinders were delivered to Alan incorrectly machined. Due to the time spent in fixing this issue the price of them has increased by £100. TBH this has put me off as surely any manufacturing defect is an issue between Westlake Engineering and the contracted supplier rather than a cost to be passed on to the punter?
    It's all forgotten now, but Rockers and Mods only started fighting as the Rockers were annoyed at having some of their comments removed

I'd rather have a more expensive revolver than no revolver at all!

Alan has had to manufacture new cylinders, saw one last week when i was at my local RFD who got mine for me from Alan.
    Had a slight problem with mine but Alan fixed it and it was returned within a week. Im delighted with mine now, fired 48 shots
    on saturday and even managed to hit the black a few times.
    As iv said before, this to me is as close as you can get to a pre ban revolver and even though the price has gone up they are
    rare enough that you could always sell it without a huge if any loss. If you want one, have one. You're only here once.! Tim

Unique powder loads for Nito revolver?

Hi.

just picked up a new Alfa .357 MLR from Alan Westlake at the Shooting Show... :-)

Herco powder doesn't seem to be available and Alan suggested Blue Dot which seems slow for a cylinder gun / 148gn bullet....

I also have some Unique powder that is hotter than Herco (but not by much) and also has large flakes so won't fall thru primer hole.

Has anypone tried Unique and if so, can you suggest a load please?

Any general advice on using / loading for my MLR would be appreciated.

Many thanks