Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Armscor Muzzle Loading Revolver

I use 3 grns Herco in mine but have never tried any other powders so can't really recommend anything else. If Alan says blue dot is ok
    then you should be ok to give that a go. Essentially the gun is a 38 so i would have thought any Mild 38 load recommended in the manufactures
    load data would be usable but would recommend finding some Herco. 3 grns really shoots well. I have used 5.0 grns Unique in my 357 LBR
    and the Lee manual does list it as a 38 load at 3.2 grns with blue dot listed at 5.3 grns with a 148 grn wadcutter. Given the difference in Blue
    dot and Unique loads i would be very wary of using Unique myself, even a light load of say 3 grns could be too much.!
    Three grns of Herco may not sound much powder but believe me when i say its plenty.!! Ow, and don't be put off if you can hit a barn door to
    start off with, they take a bit of getting used too. Tim

Alfa Nitro MLR

Thanks Tim,
    I think Unique may be a bit too fast to use.

I think Herco is best but I can't find any for sale. If anyone know where to get, it I'd apprecaite the advice
    Alan has suggested Bue Dot but I think that's only because Herco not available?

The Alfa Pistol is OK.... it looks great and the single action trigger is pretty good, but double action is very poor... but may wear in I suppose?

Will be off to the range next week to try it out.
    Glad I can expect to shoot a poor group to start with.. I need every excuse I can get !

Cheers