Thread: Air Rifle Clubs in Berkshire (Near Binfield)

Air Rifle Clubs in Berkshire (Near Binfield)

Hello,

My name is Carl. I have been living in Aberdeen, Scotland doing a PhD in Diabetes for the last 4 years. I live in Binfield, Berkshire now. I have permission rights to a large area of land in Binfield which is fantastic for hunting small game. I just wondered if anyone here is part of a club in Berkshire? Also, I would just be interested to hear where other people in Berkshire actually go hunting.

Cheers,
    Carl
    Rifle: Theoben Rapid 7 MK2 FAC .22 Scope: Lightstream 4.5 - 14 x 44 FFP Mod: A&M Helix Lamp: Dereelight Night Master 800

Not a million miles from you http://www.maidenhead-target-shooting-club.com/ if its a target club you require.

As for asking where people go hunting - I wouldn't hold your breath
    Making waves since 1971.

Quote Originally Posted by JsE. View Post
    Not a million miles from you http://www.maidenhead-target-shooting-club.com/ if its a target club you require.

Thanks. Will drop them an email. What other types of clubs are there!?

Ha. I was just interested - not wanting to pinch people's places to hunt :P

As I said. Mine are in Binfield and I have plenty of fields and woodland to keep me occupied
    Rifle: Theoben Rapid 7 MK2 FAC .22 Scope: Lightstream 4.5 - 14 x 44 FFP Mod: A&M Helix Lamp: Dereelight Night Master 800

Quote Originally Posted by JsE. View Post

There also seems to be one at Pinewood. Is anyone part of either of these clubs? Maidenhead website looks a bit more professional and seems to have more facilities.

Hi,

I live in Iver (bucks) and I use Bislley Field Target Organisation in Woking. You're about the same distance from it as I am and I have to say it is an excellent club, situated in a great place (Bisley camp) there are even a couple of shops within the grounds which sell air rifles and accessories.

Check it out!

Www.bfto.org.uk

Any club further west in Berkshire?

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    There are 6 clubs based at the Pinewood range in Crowthorne. This in an indoor range primarily for S1 shooting and various of the clubs have various specialities. My club meets on Saturday afternoon and is mostly Gallery rifle/pistol style but we have some air only members at reduced subscription rates. A small club, very informal (except for safety matters) and sometimes more of a debating society than a shooting club. The range can accommodate up to 25m but mostly we shoot at 25yd. There is also a separate 10m air range but .177 only so most of the airgunning is done on the main range mixing with the S1 shooters.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

Quote Originally Posted by Turnup View Post
    There are 6 clubs based at the Pinewood range in Crowthorne. This in an indoor range primarily for S1 shooting and various of the clubs have various specialities. My club meets on Saturday afternoon and is mostly Gallery rifle/pistol style but we have some air only members at reduced subscription rates. A small club, very informal (except for safety matters) and sometimes more of a debating society than a shooting club. The range can accommodate up to 25m but mostly we shoot at 25yd. There is also a separate 10m air range but .177 only so most of the airgunning is done on the main range mixing with the S1 shooters.
    That sounds good, thank you!

Well today I popped over to Newbury Air Rifle Club (very close to me) to introduce myself with the aim of getting back into shooting. A huge thank you to everyone I met who were so welcoming and generous in letting me shoot their rifles. Thoroughly enjoyed the TX200 and, of course, the ultimate rifle in my opinion, the HW100. My fiancee is now excited about it and wants to get involved!