Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just had a phone call

Just had a phone call

Just has a call from Alan westlake he has a armscor ready and waiting for me! Just waiting on a 1000 bullets to be made for me then its getting posted

Congratulations, I had an email from him this morning saying he had one ready if I wanted it. I had to reply saying I had mine from him about a month ago.

You will enjoy it, I certainly am having a lot of fun with mine.
    "Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."

Must be the same revolver! I bought 1000 bullets from him too. Should keep me going till I get casting my own. Mind on that subject he said bullets have to be .357" but all the molds I've seen are .358"

Quote Originally Posted by dannywayoflife View Post
    Must be the same revolver! I bought 1000 bullets from him too. Should keep me going till I get casting my own. Mind on that subject he said bullets have to be .357" but all the molds I've seen are .358"
    1 thousandths of an inch won't make any difference.

Some lead bullets shrink a couple of thou. when they come out of the mould if the lead is very hot.

A cig paper is about .005" thou.

Really? Alan said that they had to be .357" or you could get high pressure? I'm a total virgin to muzzle loading etc

Really? Alan said that they had to be .357" or you could get high pressure? I'm a total virgin to muzzle loading etc
    If you are worried then buy a lee bullet sizer in .357 and resize the bullets

That sounds like a good idea

[CODE][/CODE]
    That sounds like a good idea
    About £20
    http://leeprecision.com/new-lube-size-kit-.357.html

Thanks ill have a look in the kranks catalog

Or tim Hannams

I cast my own then size to .357" When they come out of the mold they can be a little oval so sizing rounds them up aswell as sizing them.
    Iv been using a 158grn Truncated nose Lee mold that i make my 357 mag bullets with but use pure lead for the Armscor. Tumble lubed with
    alox they work a treat. Tim

I have a lot of 158 gr cast round nose flat top bullets for use in my gallery rifle, the other night I popped them into the cylinder backwards and they worked an absolute treat. With the tapering of the chambers in the cylinder it is nigh on impossible to load the hard cast wadcutters or other bullets conventially but the round nosed flat tops pop in with little more than finger pressure if you load them backwards and just have enough grip to hold them securely in the chamber.

Given that I have no intention of casting my own bullets I a minded to stick with this method as the bullets are working out a lot cheaper than Alan is selling them.
    "Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."

Thanks for the info chaps! It would be great if I could use bought bullets to save me the hassle of casting!
    May also sound like a stupid question but when buying bullets how do I know which ones are soft lead?

Ask or see if you can mark them with fingernail
    Might be cheaper making your own as it is easy

I may well be wrong but iv never seen commercial .357" bullets for sale in SOFT lead other than Alans wad cutters.
    Dont be afraid off home casting, it really is very easy once you've got the gear and had a bit of practice. A 4" pot is
    £40 (Lyman, iv just bought a new one) a Lee mold is £20, a Lee sizing dies about £15 and a Lee ladles about a fiver.
    All available from any half decent gun shop who will order it in for you even if he hasn't got it in.
    If you want to try a few home made ones send me a message, i don't mind posting a few off.
    Best Wishes and keep us up to date. Tim